Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

05-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
It’s that time of year, folks! When at least a few of the shows you probably watch get unceremoniously shipped off to the TV graveyard.
ABC is the latest network to clean house, delivering the news late Friday.
And as suspected for some time, it’s over for the Walkers. ABC officially canceled the family drama “Brothers & Sisters” on Friday, reports Deadline.com.
ABC has also pulled the plug on its remake of “V” after two seasons.
The series slaughter doesn’t end there: Also canceled are “Off the Map,” “Mr. Sunshine,” “Better with You,” “No Ordinary Family,” and “Detroit 1-8-7.”
On the renewal front, the freshman sitcom “Happy Endings” has been given the go for a second season. Dana Delany’s “Body of Proof” will also be back for a second season, while “Shark Tank” has been renewed for a third season.

And in replenishment news, ABC has picked up, so far, 12 new series! — seven dramas and five comedies (some are slated for midseason).
The series pick ups include: the “Charlie’s Angels” remake; the fairy-tale themed “Once Upon a Time” starring “Big Love’s” Ginnifer Goodwin and “House’s” Jennifer Morrison; the Tim Allen comedy “Last Man Standing“; the male-skewing comedy “Man Up“; the “Bosom Buddies”-ish “Work it” about men who dress as women for work; the family sitcom “Suburgatory“; a thriller called “The River“; “Revenge” — a Count of Monte-Cristo-type drama; “Scandal” from Shonda Rhimes (”Grey’s Anatomy”); the Christina Ricci-fronted “Pan Am“; Darren Star’s “Good Christian Belles” (formerly known as “Good Christian Bitches”); and “Apt. 23” starring James Van Der Beek as himself (the title whittled down from the more provocative “The ***** in Apt. 23″).
  05-14-2011, 01:19 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 235 posts since Nov 2009
My wife and I kinda liked Off the Map and I thought Better with You was one of the better sitcoms as of late (at least it was funny). Mr. Sunshine was okay, but I'm kind of glad to see it go, as I don't really want anyone involved with Friends to have any success for the nightmare they foisted upon the American public (the same goes with Seinfeld and anyone involved in the Star Wars prequels - Portman can take that Oscar and hang it in her ... err ... sorry. Lost my head.).