Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
The TV theme song is sort of a dying art: Some shows still have them -- and they're making a comeback of late -- but most choose a quick diddy and they're done. Having anything TV-related stuck in your head for days in this line of work is a very good sign of something special, so we prefer the shows that go all out.

Our pals over at AOL Radio are re-launching with a new and improved listening experience today, powered by Slacker, and one of the stations we're most looking forward to is TV Tunes. Obviously. They're playing theme songs from popular shows, past and present, 24 hours a day, now with 50% fewer commercial interruptions ... if only real TV was like that.

It got us thinking about our own favorite TV theme songs (including new ones like 'New Girl' on Fox. "Who's that girl? It's Jess!" ... and we adore her), which got us going a ways back in the old AOL TV archives for these gems: Our reader picks for the Best TV Theme Songs. Ever.

Take a look and see if you agree with this classic-filled top 10 ...
  10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
As for me, the all-time best TV theme song has got to be RAWHIDE! I can't believe it's only at #14! But that's just my opinion...could it possibly have something to do with the whole drover thing? I've always been a sucker for a man in blue jeans, Western hat & boots and chaps...**sigh**...it just doesn't get any better than that! But that's just my opinion. ;-)