Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
I just got this from tvshowsondvd.com and thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else has been waiting for this like I have:

Here Come the Brides - 'The Complete 2nd Season': Shout!'s Street Date, Cost, Packaging

6-disc set with the remaining episodes from the show's run comes to stores at the end of February
Posted by David Lambert
11/07/2011

All the romance and adventure of the classic TV show is back! Set in the mid-nineteenth century, this classic TV series - which ran on ABC prime-time for 2 seasons from '68-'70 - revolves around The Bolt brothers (Brown, Sherman and Soul) who own a mountain and logging camp in the rugged landscape of Seattle. As the area's only employer, the brothers borrow money and head east to bring back a shipload of lovely ladies to boost morale. But if any of the women leave Seattle within a year, the Bolts lose their mountain to the man that lent them the money. Stars: Robert Brown, Bobby Sherman, David Soul, Joan Blondell. Producers were inspired by the hit movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; this Season 2 DVD was heavily requested by fans on message boards and Shout Factory site!

In May 2006, Sony put out the first season of the short-lived show, and since then they've been quiet about following up with the remaining season. As the studio description quoted above mentions, fans were quite vocal about wanting the final 26 episodes, and a few weeks ago we passed along word that Shout! Factory had picked up the rights! Today that was confirmed with the studio's announcement for Here Come the Brides - The Complete 2nd Season on DVD. The street date is scheduled for February 28th. This 6-disc set will cost $44.99 SRP, but you can already pre-order it from Amazon at a nice discount

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Com...#ixzz1d4tkPpLC

Needless to say, I have it on pre-order!
  11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
So excited!

Deb
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.