03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Jenna-Louise Coleman (pictured below) has been announced as the actress who will play the new companion in Doctor Who Series 7. The actress is known for her roles in Emmerdale, Waterloo Road and will be seen in upcoming series, Titanic. Her first episode will be the 2012 Christmas special.

At a press conference today Jenna said, "I want to get started already. I'm a huge fan of the show. Matt Smith did my audition with me. It was fun and I felt like we were in it together." Current showrunner Steven Moffat added, "We saw a lot of brilliant actresses. But Jenna was the only person going faster than Matt - he had to keep up!"

Jenna says: "I'm beyond excited, I can't wait to get cracking; working alongside Matt I know is going to be enormous fun and a huge adventure."

The Doctor will meet his new friend in a dramatic turn of events as the show builds towards its enormous, climactic 50th anniversary year - full of thrills, adventures and big surprises. Series seven is currently filming and comprises 14 big, blockbuster-movie episodes - each a brand new epic adventure featuring new monsters and some familiar foes as you've never seen them before.

Lead writer and Executive Producer, Steven Moffat, says: "It always seems impossible when you start casting these parts, but when we saw Matt and Jenna together, we knew we had our girl. She's funny and clever and exactly mad enough to step on board the TARDIS.

"It's not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it's about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that's all you're getting for now. Who she's playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy meets girl."
  03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
What no more Emily Pond?
  03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 211 posts since Dec 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to repeatshistory
wayshway, what's your source? Just curious.
  03-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeatshistory View Post
wayshway, what's your source? Just curious.
Here ya go.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...ouncement.html

Also on the official site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw
  03-23-2012, 03:03 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp32 View Post
What no more Emily Pond?
It's Amelia Pond Grandma!!

And yes, my favorite TV girlfriend is leaving.
  03-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Gramma of CPS

Frech Fries & steak fries same thing lol
  03-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Lydia Wilson would make an awesome companion, too. She belongs on Doctor Who, after her performance as the robot girl in the S1 Ep2 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency a couple of weeks ago. She's been in a lot of weird roles, both TV and theatre. In the Dirk Gently episode, she was as quirky as Zooey Deschanel, but without that odd forced feel (or deer-in-headlights feel) that you get from Zooey.

Ah well, we can only hope it happens later down the road.

Amy was getting to be a bit much anyway. You can only take so much of a tough girl before you want to push her out of the picture. Rory was starting to be the better companion.

I actually liked Martha with #10. (She's awesome in her role in Law & Order UK.)
  03-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Gramma of CPS

lol Tough girl ? Rose is still my favorite companion aside from the late Sarah Jane.
Tate was good. I prefer her own show. You have to see NAN lol What A ***## Liberty lmao!
  03-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Verified Member

I was kind of hoping for Sally Sparrow from the first Weeping Angels episode with the 10th doctor.