Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

04-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
Mod note: Scroll down to post #4 for full details on the infamous "Poland DVD scammer". -LS
________

I'm not sure of the name but her email addresses are cris2943@yahoo.com and mandywzy71@yahoo.com I sent 200.00 she said they were returned mom offered to pay to have them mailed again she said ok 32.00 then emailed back another 20.00 expensive from Austrlia i am hoping it is legit
Thanks
  04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
You should have checked before sending any money. Neither one of those look familiar to me? Yes, depending on how large and what type of service they use. It can cost an arm and a leg.
  04-04-2012, 07:30 PM

She said usps mail no tracking but returned I offered to pay for her to ship again 52.00. I reported her to Paypal and Lord Smurf
  04-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 86 posts since Nov 2009
There should be a name on your paypal account for who each payment went to. I still think this sounds like the "Poland scammer". She just got 2 more people on the trading board I run. (They contacted her through 2 other message boards.) She has told people lives in the UK, Australia, Europe, Germany. But her IP (on message boards and emails) always shows Poland and paypal doesn't show which country she is in. At one point she was scamming 3 people at the same time (last year) and claiming to be in a different country to each person. She even sent a copy of the exact same picture of the "returned box" to 3 members.

Below is a copy of the last email sent to members of the soap board.
* Mods: If this isn't allowed to be posted because of the email addresses listed, please delete.

----------------------------------

SCAMMER WARNING

Since sending the first warning I have received forwarded emails that this person sent to another member, which shows proof that it's the same person that went by Caroline Novak 2 years ago & by Alice Tenny 1 year ago as well as recently scamming another member with the name Lucy Martin & Jessica Nicel. Within the last 3 years, other members have written that they were scammed by her as well (for discs of Santa Barbara, Passions, All My Children, Edge of Night and other soaps) but I don't have as detailed information from them and therefore have not included.

*Due to forward emails, IPs, combinations of emails/PayPal accounts used, the picture that s/he sent to 3 people, etc. I can confirm that ALL of these are the same person in POLAND. She has claimed to live in the UK, Australia, Germany & Europe - all during the same time frames and all while using emails sent from a Poland IP.

* I'll refer to this person as "her" but she sometimes says she is male (on message board profiles and emails.)

----------------------------------------------------------

NAMES: N, Anna Nicole, Nicole, Lucy Martin, Jessica Nicel, Alice Tenny, Caroline Novak
USER NAMES: Caroline - cn / Alice - g
EMAILS: gloussy494@gmail.com, stonewar2@yahoo.com, lumar102@yahoo.com, bbforever1@walla.com, jessni35@rocketmail.com, ghluvie2@aol.com, carolinen74@wp.pl, lau30435@yahoo.com, germgs3@yahoo.com, skda51@yahoo.com, amstam6@yahoo.com
LIVES IN POLAND, BUT CLAIMS TO LIVE IN: UK, Australia, Germany, Europe

alias Caroline Novak
  • Caroline Novak - emails uses ghluvie2@aol.com, carolinen74@wp.pl
  • Caroline Novak - says she is an American living in Poland
  • *Caroline Novak - sent a picture of the box she claimed was returned to her "undeliverable" in 2010 (it's the EXACT SAME picture Alice Tenny sent to someone else in May 2011 and the EXACT SAME picture that Anna Nicole sent to someone in else in December 2011)
alias Alice Tenny
  • Alice Tenny - emails uses lau30435@yahoo.com, germgs3@yahoo.com, skda51@yahoo.com, amstam6@yahoo.com
  • Alice Tenny - told one person she lived in the UK, told another person she lives in Australia and told a 3rd person she lives in Europe
  • Alice Tenny - admitted to one person that she really lives in Poland
  • Alice Tenny - has "L C" for the name on her lau30435@yahoo.com email
  • Alice Tenny - posted on a message board that shows her IP as being in POLAND.
  • *Alice Tenny - sent a picture of the box she claimed was returned to her "undeliverable" in May 2011 (it's the EXACT SAME picture Caroline Novak sent to someone else 2010 and the EXACT SAME picture that Anna Nicole sent to someone in else in December 2011)
alias Anna Nicole
  • Anna Nicole - also signed her emails as "N" and others as Nicole
  • Anna Nicole - claims to live in Europe
  • * Anna Nicole - sent a picture of the box she claimed was returned to her "undeliverable" December 2011 (it's the EXACT SAME picture Alice Tenny sent to someone else in May 2011 and the EXACT SAME picture that Caroline Novak sent to someone in else in 2010)
  • * Anna Nicole - uses the emails gloussy494@gmail.com, stonewar2@yahoo.com (PayPal account), lumar102@yahoo.com (claims it's her sister's PayPal account - this account shows Lucy Martin on it and is the same account/email used to scam someone else)
alias Lucy Martin:

NAMES: N, Anna Nicole, Nicole (signed her emails with "N" first, then kept changing it) / Lucy Martin, Jessica Nicel (name used on PayPal accounts)
EMAIL: gloussy494@gmail.com
PAYPAL EMAIL: stonewar2@yahoo.com
THE PAYPAL EMAIL SHE SAID WAS HER SISTER'S: lumar102@yahoo.com
CLAIMS TO LIVE IN: Europe
ACTUALLY LIVES IN: POLAND

In October 2011, a member sent $150 for all 3 years of Texas episodes. 2 weeks after sending $150, she wrote saying postage was more than she expected and he needed to send another $21. In December 2011, she wrote saying the package was returned as "undeliverable" and wanted more money to re-ship it. She said she had sent by regular mail and asked if he wanted her to re-send by another shipping method. She said she was going on vacation and would get her sister to check the costs.

She also sent a picture of the "returned package" but it is the EXACT SAME picture she sent to 2 other members (sent in 2010 & 2011, using other names/emails), claiming it was THEIR "returned undeliverable" packages. I can’t attach pictures to the email that I send through the board, but it is posted on the board at: http://soapoperadvdtrading.proboards...ay&thread=2082

Or here: http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...g/package1.jpg

The picture she sent shows a box on the floor next to a wall. The wall has a distinctive pattern on it and the box is in the same angled position, etc. In other words there is no way the box could just happen to be the same size, color and have the same tape on the same spots. It's the same picture. Also please note that the box does not show any markings at all. No addresses (to nor from), no customs form, no postage, no postmark, no notice of being "undeliverable", nothing. The only thing the picture ended up "proving" is that Alice Tenny, Caroline Novak and Anna Nicole are the SAME person.

NAME: never signed any of her emails / Lucy Martin, Jessica Nicel (names used on PayPal accounts)
EMAIL: bbforever1@walla.com
PAYPAL EMAIL: lumar102@yahoo.com
THE PAYPAL EMAIL SHE SAID WAS HER SISTER'S: jessni35@rocketmail.com
CLAIMS TO LIVE IN: Germany
ACTUALLY LIVES IN: POLAND

The person at the email bbforever1@walla.com claimed to have all of B&B's Sheila Carter and Brooke Logan on 52 dvds. She never signed her emails or gave a name, but her PayPal account (lumar102@yahoo.com) showed her name being Lucy Martin. In December 2011 he sent $90 to her PayPal account at lumar102@yahoo.com

In February, she claimed she was out of town and that her sister called to tell her the package was returned marked "undeliverable". She wanted more money to re-ship. She told him to send the money to her sister's PayPal account at jessni35@rocketmail.com. The name on that account is Jessica Nicel. She said her sister was ill (flu) and couldn't mail at first. She said they have been sent now, but nothing has been received.

MEMBER SCAMMED for $300

NAME: Alice Penny
EMAIL: lau30435@yahoo.com
CLAIMS TO LIVE IN: Australia
ACTUALY LIVES IN: POLAND

- She contacted a member offering to sell 3 years worth of Another World.
- When the buyer asked for a copy of the receipt, she said she doesn't have anything to show the dvds were mailed to send a copy of. I contacted someone I trade with in Australia and he confirmed that you DO get a receipt with the barcode from the customs form on it.
- After the package wasn't received, she claimed it was returned marked "undeliverable" and that she checked and the address on the box was correct.
- She sent a picture of the box that does not show any kind of markings to indicate it was ever sent through the mail at all. There is no addresses (to nor from), no customs form, no notice of "undeliverable", no postmark, nothing.
*** When I posted a PayPal Scam Alert on the board, the member that Caroline Novak scammed posted saying the picture that Alice Penny sent was the EXACT SAME picture as Caroline Novak send to him! Hence, the proof that these are the SAME person. Since then, another member sent a forwarded email where "Anna Nicole" sent the same picture from a recent scam.
- When asked for another picture with the address showing (before I posted the alert), she claimed she had repackaged it and had already thrown away the label.
- She then told the buyer that she was leaving on vacation for 3 weeks and she has to send more money for postage to re-send it by the next day. And that she would get her friend to mail it while she is gone.
- The buyer filed a PayPal dispute. "Alice" emailed her saying that she had just gotten a call from her friend and was going to get him to mail the package until she opened her email and saw the dispute. Now she says she isn't sending it. She has since told the buyer not to email her anymore.

NAME: Caroline Novak
USER NAMES: Caroline - cn / Alice - g
EMAIL: ghluvie2@aol.com, carolinen74@wp.pl, lau30435@yahoo.com, germgs3@yahoo.com, amstam6@yahoo.com
COUNTRY SHE LIVES IN: Says she is an American living in Poland

* Registered to this board as "male" but went by "female" when scamming members here.
MEMBER SCAMMED for $350
- Said she lives in Poland but says she's an American.
- She said she had 2 years of General Hospital episodes and she is getting rid of her originals.
- She used Zoom, an online payment services that will NOT refund the money to the buyer.
- Once payment was received she claimed the postage was more than she thought it would be and asked him to send more money.
- After about 5-6 weeks she said the package was returned to her marked as "undeliverable" and again asked him to send more money for postage for her to re-send it.
- She said she was going out of town for a family emergency and would get a friend to mail the package while she was gone. Another 5-6 weeks went by and she claimed her friend called (or she called him) and the package was returned to her a SECOND time; she asked for more money for postage to re-send a THIRD time.
- Yet another 5-6 weeks goes by and she claimed it was returned for the THIRD time and asked for another address to send to.
- The buyer refused to send more money and said he would reimburse her for the postage once he received the tapes. She said she would think about it. He asked for a refund.
- She said she sent it again, for the FORTH time. Since the buyer refused to send any more money, she claimed it wasn't returned this time.
- He never received the package or a refund.
- During this, she sent a scanned copy of a receipt/customs form and a picture of the box.
* The receipt/customs form was NOT postmarked - a postal clerk in the US said that IF it had been mailed there WOULD be a postmark.
* The box in the picture does not show any kind of markings to indicate it was ever sent through the mail at all. There is no addresses (to nor from), no customs form, no notice of "undeliverable", no postmark, nothing.
  04-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
Mods: If this isn't allowed to be posted because of the email addresses listed, please delete.
When it involves scammers, I'll allow anything you have.

Scammers have no "right to privacy".

Warning people of scum is a public service. Somebody like this is just a variation of a Nigerian scammer -- promising you something irresistible for a high price, but failing to deliver. The TV show collector niche is sadly one that has been infested since the early 1990s, as TV collectors seemingly make easy marks. I remember seeing scammer warnings back when collectors gathered in newsgroups (before the advent of forums).

It's also an important lesson to never send money to somebody that has no references or reputation online.

In the early 2000s, there was a scammer in Brazil, too. As sad as it is to say this, you'll probably have to avoid dealing with anybody in that country (Poland, in this case), in order to stay safe. That's ultimately how the Brazilian scammer was outdone -- people quit sending anything to Brazil. It's also always struck me as odd that somebody in a foreign country can somehow claim to have a huge collection of high-quality USA NTSC television shows -- and people will believe it. It's just not believable, in my opinion.
  04-05-2012, 02:18 PM

how do I make a charge back from my bank?
  04-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Call them and tell them you want to do a chargeback. Each bank is a bit different.
  04-05-2012, 08:49 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 241 posts since Jun 2005
You must also be careful about things bought on half.com or feeBay, as many items may LOOK authentic but are, in fact, not. This is another reason why I have turned away from these sources. Fortunately for me, every seller except one was honest and surprised.

A few examples: Batman the animated series complete, batman beyond complete, medium each season, angel complete, bionic woman S2, nip tuck every season.

If there is demand for it, I can post a little article I wrote along with some images.
  04-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbs9u3 View Post
If there is demand for it, I can post a little article I wrote along with some images.
Post it in a new thread.
  06-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Stats: 1 posts since Jun 2012
So I am thinking of buying a series from someone who is using the email ghluvie2@aol.com ... but I just googled it and came upon this forum. She is going by the name of sara strohm but someone of you are saying she might be a scammer. Don't know if I should trust? Has anyone dealt with that name before?
  06-27-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemovies View Post
So I am thinking of buying a series from someone who is using the email ghluvie2@aol.com ... but I just googled it and came upon this forum. She is going by the name of sara strohm but someone of you are saying she might be a scammer. Don't know if I should trust? Has anyone dealt with that name before?
Not to seem rude, but does this really require an answer?

The person at that email address is a thief. He/she steals money. He/she not be trusted.
In fact, that person ought to be taken out behind the shed and beaten with a shovel.

The end.
  08-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Stats: 4 posts since Aug 2012
There is a Sara Strohm I have crossed paths with on IMDB over episodes of the TV Series "Valley of the Dolls" snake6003@yahoo.com and her name over there is "S.S" ... $40 for the episodes Paypal'd to her, she said she shipped it and there's no tracking. I never did received it and I've e-mailed her threatening taking action Via Paypal.

Strohm True Scammer?
  08-07-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyweapon View Post
I've e-mailed her threatening taking action Via Paypal. ... Scammer?
That person uses multiple names on imdb.com (Google the email address), and is likely a scammer until proven otherwise.
If it's been more than 3 weeks since payment, then file a complaint/chargeback.
  08-07-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
That person uses multiple names on imdb.com (Google the email address), and is likely a scammer until proven otherwise.
If it's been more than 3 weeks since payment, then file a complaint/chargeback.
I paid her the end of June, a couple weeks ago she says that she sent it. Tonight she got really pissy at me for my threat saying it takes a Few Weeks because it was coming from Overseas (which last frida yI e-mailed asking her where it was coming from with no response).
  08-07-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyweapon View Post
I she got really pissy at me for my threat saying it takes a Few Weeks because it was coming from Overseas
Yeah, that's just a delaying tactic common amongst scammers. File your chargeback/complaint. She's trying to get you to miss your window of opportunity to file a complaint -- you only have anywhere from 30 to 90 days to do so (it varies). Should it actually ever arrive (unlikely), you can always apologize and resend payment.

This is the Paypal policy:
Quote:
Check the date! All claims must be filed within 45 days of the transaction or the claim will be denied
If you have surpassed it, and paid with credit card, you might be covered for 60-90 days, depending on your account history/standing, and the policies of the bank. Chase, for example, sucks in this area. Bank of America, however, can be quite excellent.
  08-07-2012, 05:59 PM

dont feel bad I was scammed out of 352.00 only got back 52.00 of it
  08-08-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
that's just a delaying tactic common amongst scammers. File your chargeback/complaint.
I have filed one with Paypal, it's like theres a step by step procedure, Open Claim, send message to settle with seller, escalate to Paypal dispute. Tonight if nothing is proven, I'm escalating. Getting "Valley of the Dolls" TV Episodes is just not worth it. Yeah I may never ever find them but hey that's life.

UPDATE; I escalated it to a Paypal Dispute. "SS" is officially a scammer

Last edited by Funkyweapon; 08-08-2012 at 03:06 PM.
  08-26-2012, 08:45 AM

got my money back

Take That!
  08-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
So glad you got your money back...Glad to see paypal is getting better at such. SO many people trust using storm pay or paypal for 'safer' web negotiations, only to find they get no reassurance upon a dispute. I believe VHSdvdtrading just went through this as well-
Well, very glad your turmoil ended in a refund- and thanks very much for updating- awareness is the ONLY way to avoid such things sometimes.