Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

04-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Question of the Day:
Have you ever written your own music or song lyrics?

------

My answer: Nope. Tried and failed.

I remember being forced to write poems (essentially the same as music lyrics) back in high school, and it always sounded forced. Lots of musicians write about their angst or tribulations, but I think I'd do better to express those feelings with a paintbrush and a canvas.

You don't want to hear my attempts at making my own music.

If I have to write something, I'd much rather write a non-fiction news article.

What about you? ...
  04-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
Yes, back in my younger days I was in a a all original blues rock band under contract under a "Z" grade recording contract for about 5 years. My last project was back in 2004 ...myself and a friend were recruited to record a musical soundtrack for a super low budget horror flick, the film was actually should at a indy film festival and out CD we put out had a write review in Metal maniacs Magazine.

I don't to much of anything now after being married for 14 years and kids and all, I have a small recording studio turned man cave downstairs that has been collecting dust along with my instruments for at least 3 years....I pick the old acoustic every now and again, I must the good old days on the early to mid 90's of playing out live on the local circuit.

I dust off my old multi-track master tapes and listen to so of the old tunes from back in the day, with side projects I have been on about 7 CD releases.
  04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I wrote poetry a long time ago...high school age...and later on, tinkered with music to put to it- I never could match up harmony and lyrics- but I do recognize that I have some kickass 'lyrics' although they are currently without the notes...I can play various instruments- guitar, piano, drums, flute, and some violin..and write well- but I can't pair things up well- and am very limited in singing...so most everything will die in a notebook here at some point..
Unless we start a band..heh..
  04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Yes. I have a few songs I wrote lyrics , music, and played all the instruments on ( except drums lol) I play bass , guitar , and some keyboard. I am a kick *** bass player
  04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
I think myself Savage and CP32 should starts ourselves a online band ..lol
  04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
You know they do that now? Two or more people record separately, send it to one person (maybe even somebody not in the band that's a good audio/video editor), and then that person uses the audio/video to create something and put it onto Youtube. I've not yet seen music videos, but that could be done. Mostly what I've seen is webcams of the people playing their separate instruments, but stacked (like picture-in-picture).
  04-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Sounds like a plan :-)
  05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Been doing this and playing and touring in bands since 1983.