04-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Question of the Day:
What's the most interesting biography or memoir you've read?

------

If I ever finished it, I'd probably really like the "My Life" by Bill Clinton. But finding time to read long novels just isn't in the plans for the past few years.

The last time I really read biographies was in elementary school or junior high. I do remember thoroughly enjoying the biographies of Babe Ruth and Benjamin Franklin. (CP32 probably met both of them in person. I hear she rode a busasaurus to school as a little girl.) And I still have the books, too! Both came from the Scholastic order sheets that we did in grade school each month. I think you got a star sticker on a board in class for every book your read. Biographies probably gave double stars, and I've always been a sucker for coupons and bonuses.

Back in 2005 or 2006, I did manage to read "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt. It was excellent.

Other unread biographies include the life story of a college professor I had, and Obama's book, "Audacity of Hope".

What about you? ...
  04-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 165 posts since Feb 2010
The last biography I read was an unauthorized biography: "His Way" - Kitty Kelly's take on Frank Sinatra. That was about twenty years ago. I remember enjoying it a lot but occasionally wondering how accurate it was, which is no worse than with a regular biograpy, I suppose
  04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
@ LS I prefer to ride the Monkapotomus

The last Biography I read was No Regrets- Ace is too funny
  04-25-2012, 06:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 204 posts since Nov 2009
I read as many as I can,I just read Jerry Wests book,was pretty good,if anyone wants it I can send it to them,maybe I could get a few dvdsfrom thier collection in return?

sal
  04-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
Jerry West's book! Super cool! I'll pm you! I remember reading his "Mr. clutch" waaaaaay back in the early 70's! I was a HUGE fan of 'Tweety'!!

In answer to LS's question...my favorite bios were--

Jerry West, Mr. Clutch
and
Ozzie Nelson's bio (I've forgotten the exact title just now)
also liked (but haven't finished yet) Annette Funicello's bio.

OH! Another good one is about Dean Martin "That's Amore: A Son Remembers Dean Martin", by Ricci Martin (Dean's son) with Christopher Smith.