Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-05-2012, 08:06 AM

Stats: 65 posts since Feb 2010
Hello people
Is it possible that nero conflicts with convertxtodvd I have liscensed versions of both, but for some reason the convertx which I'm accustomed to stops running during the process. Perhaps someone could reccomend another program to convert files. I just don't feel like sitting at the desktop this weekend. Thanks in advance.
  05-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Stats: 65 posts since Feb 2010
Any takers
  05-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
Super is the best conversion program I've used. There are several different formats that you can convert between and plenty of options for the conversion. The way the website is set up is stupid. You have to scroll the page to find the download link 3 times before you actually download the file. It's annoying to go through that but it's worth it.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
  05-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I would highly, highly recommend not using Super. It's really crappy and outdated. The video quality is often very blocky and pixelated, and there is very poor handling of certain input and output codecs.

Avidemux is much, much better for freeware encoding. I've used it professionally a few times, when in a bind, and away from my own hardware/software.

I would uninstall Nero -- it's utterly worthless. It can be replaced by several freewares for burning.
See this: Need to replace Nero or Roxio ? - List of Free CD/DVD Burning Software

Reinstall and use ConvertXToDVD for conversion, as it's quite good for the all-in-one file>DVD process. It's the only all-in-one that I would suggest. Pretty much every other all-in-one, including freeware like DVDFlick, is awful by comparison. AIO software has always been this way.
  05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
I rarely have a problem with quality when using Super. Every update makes the program better. It works great when I want to convert videos to work on my PS3.