Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Anybody else here refinanced a home?

For those that wonder where I spent my time lately, it's been doing stuff like this -- slaving over worksheets, calculators, and forms. It takes days to go through the process, working with loan officers, credit bureaus, Fannie/Freddie (I forget which one), seeking advice from friend/family accountants, etc.

Phew....

Hoping to save a few bucks short-term and long-term. Wish me well.
  05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I did when the great flood of 2007 hit Indiana, because I had 30 K of damage, to the foundation/walls and so on.
However nothing I learned is applicable since banks were limited on APR and so forth due to the presidents involvement and so on..
I can say watch for the cost, the average is 2000 but some charge more and filter it in so it isn't much upfront, but way more than they deserve or any where else would require- just because it is filtered in, doesn't mean it is economical.

2- friend up up with a real estate agent in your area, the best friend you will have is a good solid appraisal

You are likely past it, but see if you can get multiple paperwork for less- your title , asessment, lien info, even your plot of survey sometimes getting them all at once they knock off a few hundred.

Most of all be confident. If you are working, and solid financially you are doing better than most people- don't let them bully you let them know you will take the business elsewhere.
  05-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Because of specific criteria being met, I have an appraisal waiver.
  05-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Place should be bending over backwards to get your business...a lot of people are intimidated by the companies, I doubt this applies to you as you are pretty head strong- but in general, most are.