Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Has this happened to you? You're walking down the street, minding your own business, when all of a sudden somebody jumps out of a dark alley and shoves a sheet of paper into your hand. You look down and see there's text on it, but you don't recognize the language it's written in. How are you going to figure it out?

Polyglot 3000 is a tool that can take a chunk of text—a page, a paragraph, or maybe even just a single word or two—and tell you which language it's written in. It can recognize nearly 500 different languages and dialects, so your text is probably on their list. European languages, Asian languages, African languages, Native American languages, and more—they're all there; even Esperanto, if you're so inclined (sorry, no Klingon). To speed things up, you can set this app to check only for "popular" languages, or do dive deep and check against the whole database.

Polyglot 3000 is a free download for Windows. And no, I've never had anybody shove a piece of paper like that into my hand either.

http://www.polyglot3000.com/
  07-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 101 posts since Nov 2009
has anyone used this translation program?

norton says its safe

my computer screams to delete it and run away
could damage my computer

john
  07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
ive used it for various reasons....the main reason was translating some older recipes from our family

could be incompatable with other programs you have- but i never had a problemw ith it personally.
you could use babelfish instead. no install needed