Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

06-07-2012, 03:07 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 47 posts since Aug 2010
I've run into a problem. I'm positive it's not a ULEAD problem, but I'm not sure what it is.

In ULEAD, I get everything set up to make my two DVD folders, then click on "burn". ULEAD flies through the process, and when it's done I've got this: see attachment

Shouldn't it be:
VTS_01_1
VTS_01_2
VTS_01_3
VTS_01_4

What's causing it to make VTS_02_1?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1 copy.jpg (26.0 KB, 278 views)
  06-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I am not sure how many files you are putting in or if it is one file itself, but the only reason such a thing would occur is if Ulead saw something in the clip that did not match the specs of the rest of the clip (if it was one clip and not a few). Likewise depending on how something might have been ripped before inputting, Ulead might be seeing the different pgc files within a certain clip and splitting it that way.

the logical reason is that whatever is contained in your last video file (or towards the end of your film) does not match the specs of everything previous to that and therefore Ulead will make give that clip its own vts title set.

Really you need to give us more info
  06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've split this into a new post, since it was unrelated to the previous thread on running Ulead DVD Workshop 2 in Windows 7.

VTS = video title set.

Every video in a title set much have matching specs -- specifically resolution, frame rate, and available audio streams. (MPGE-2 bitrate isn't an issue for authoring.)

If you're ending up with a new VTS, it means that your project includes mismatched source files.

However, this is nothing to worry about. This is merely the way authoring must happen. There's no reason to worry. Don't try to force an asset to another spec simply to squeeze it into the same VTS.

Another reason for the VTS is because you've run out of files allows (9 total). However, since the max file size for a VTS is 0.99GB, that would mean you're making a VTS large than 9GB, and therefore not a DVD. Anything beyond the size of a DVD9 (DVD+R DL) is illegal to the specs. In fact, some authoring software refuses to even author above a dual-layer max output size.
  06-08-2012, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 47 posts since Aug 2010
The problem I have is once I create the DVD, it will not play.

I'm using 4 files. The largest is 810,838KB. What would cause the source files to be mismatched? I'm using the same process of pulling the VOB from the disc, editing it with MPEG-VCR, then saving the new MPG2 when I'm finished. Is it a problem with the source VOB?
  06-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The original files are mismatched, too.

The the disc will not play, something is being authored or burned incorrectly. You'd have to step us through every step of the project, with all the details. So start there. What is the source?