Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
So if you were in charge of the universe, which mega-producer would you tell to take a break for a while? Here are at least six people who have no fewer than THREE shows currently airing (or coming up). Make no mistake, all of the people listed below are masters of the industry and respectively brilliant, but perhaps masters should concentrate doing a few things well and not bogarting primetime?

1-Shonda Rhimes
Current Shows: Grey's Anatomy (ABC), Scandal (ABC), Private Practice (ABC)
Upcoming shows: Under the Gun (NBC pilot)

2-Jerry Bruckheimer
Current Shows: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS), CSI: NY (CBS), The Amazing Race (CBS)
Upcoming Shows: Trooper (TNT pilot), Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives (NBC pilot)

3-Mark Burnett
Current Shows: Survivor (CBS), Shark Tank (ABC), School Spirits (Syfy), Celebrity Apprentice (NBC), The Voice (NBC), Stars Earn Stripes (NBC)
Upcoming Shows: Romancing the Globe (USA pilot), The Bible (History miniseries), The Job (CBS pilot)
  09-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
Well, I have to admit I'm not familiar with all the shows listed, but from what I have seen of them I'd definitely have to ask Mr. Burnett to step back abit. I'm just so tired of the 'reality game shows'...UGH!!
  09-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've prepared a brief statement. An open letter, if you will.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Mark Burnett,

Stop making crap -- a.k.a. "reality" TV shows. Thanks.

Yours truly,
Every intelligent citizen on Earth
  09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
lol.
Well I posted the shows, because lot of people don't know who the producers are of some shows--especially if you download and miss credits- etc.
I was shocked to see how many some do/did-
Then again (THIS IS 100% TRUE) there are 1500 newspapers 9000 radio stations 1110 magazines 1500 tv stations, all owned by THREE companies-
end rant.
Anyhow, producers seem to be monopolizing as well- and based on their names they get new shows while good ones get cancelled and new creators get ignored.

Meanwhile, as far as reality shows go---I could rant forevvvvvver on that...so ridiculous.
I fully expect one day to flip the tv on and see myself holding the remote.
  10-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 14 posts since Apr 2012
I think it's more genres than producers that make me want to ralph. If I see one more competition that has to have the token hottie, the token dbag, the token angry man etc I just want to scream.

Take for instance Inkmaster on Spike. Loved season 1, especially since they basically nuked the opening episode the only guy that came off as a mouthy dbag. The rest of the competition was about the talent, not trying to figure out who could screw over who. now season two after 3 episodes half of them I'm ready to kick out cause they are just ***ho*es of the highest calibur.

it's spreading to food network shows and shows where they can't just have it about the competition but everyone has to be a star. And you know it's manufactured from the start.

Plus no more shows like 2 and a half unfunny men. I'm still working on the idea that the producer of this failed mental experiement also produces Big Bang Theory. Though even BBT is starting to show it's age cause it's going back to the same jokes.

Then there are cop shows, now seemingly that it's going back and giving us historical time shows. Really was the 70's in las vegas all that interesting? Or 1890's in new york 5 points? Not really. I see another rookie cop show I'm going going back to watching movies again.