Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

10-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 3 posts since Nov 2009
I came across the below site and I thought that it would be nice to copy some of these shows to DVD. Here is an example:

http://archive.org/details/theJanePo...ow-UnsoldPilot

The video files available are Ogg Video, h.264, MPEG2, It then says All files, https, torrents (2/0)

It must not be too hard to download and burn these copies to disc, but my head is spinning with the options/directions

I have roxio, dvd shrink, and handbreak. I am a little familiar with these programs. I am most familiar with roxio.

Could somebody give me an idea which file is the best option to download in conjunction with the programs that I have? I may not need to convert it, it may just be a matter of burning the downloaded file?

Any assistance/suggestions would be much appreciated!

I am hoping to play on my dvd player connected to my tv, if the picture is decent enough.

Hope that some will also be able to see some things that they would like to download too. The archive site is amazing!

Thanks again for any assistance.
  10-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
Download the mpeg 2 file. Put the file into a dvd menu program like Ulead dvd workshop 2 or tsunami mpeg. Once you are done authoring the disc, it should be playable on a dvd player.
  10-11-2012, 04:58 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidflecha17 View Post
Download the mpeg 2 file. Put the file into a dvd menu program like Ulead dvd workshop 2 or tsunami mpeg. Once you are done authoring the disc, it should be playable on a dvd player.

Thanks for your help. I should have specified that I was looking for free software or certainly very inexpensive software. These are good suggestions, but $279.00 for the software is out of my price range.

Thanks again.
  10-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
try dvd flick. Its free.
  10-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidflecha17 View Post
try dvd flick. Its free.
Thanks again. I'll give this one a try!