Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I ordered a 3d Tv through Amazon- found a really nice 60 inch, for a good deal- reputable seller- had no worries.

It took 4 days to ship, no complaints.
Got here, glass was shattered. Tv was brand new, had never been opened but the box INSIDE the shipping crate was crushed and looked damaged.

Contacted Amazon- they had to contact the seller, took 3 days.
Then the seller told me I needed to file a UPS return damage claim- Why me? why my burden?
Called UPS, got a RM number, and they came- telling me they had to inspect it. So I left it unpacked.
They got here, and the men said they inspect it there, and would be back the next day for me to pack it up.
Packed it up.
Still waiting....supposedly they inspect it, approve the claim, refund the seller in 5-14 business days- THEN the seller decides to refund me minus shipping, OR send me an exact tv and has 2 weeks to do so. So NOW my money is tied up and I MIGHT get this tv by Thanksgiving

Does this seem wrong to only me?
  10-13-2012, 03:12 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 14 posts since Apr 2012
Nope. Which is why at some point it's time to get your credit card company involved with the whole mess. My biggest problem is that the seller gets to keep the shipping and handling on everything. It wasn't your fault it was destroyed during the shipping process, so a claim should be filed by the sender to refund their shipping costs by them.

That's the one thing that concerns me about ordering big ticket items such as this from the internet. a 60 inch screen is a rough shipping no matter who does it. And if it's going to be this huge hassle, paying the extra 100 bucks ends up being more worth it to buy it from a local store.
  10-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Verified Member

the tv I found was on sale for hundreds off from a local store, the exact same tv at best buy, tiger and HH was going for 400 + more..so the savings was worth it.. to me.
UPS is scheduled to come get it tomorrow at SOME point...inconvenient...and then the seller said they will send an exact duplicate from a closer warehouse, immediately...fingers crossed, this will be resolved soon.. black friday shopping didn't seem to have any such deals, so I hope this works out...can't see going less than 60 i nches in our living room.
  10-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Verified Member

Well the refund from amazon came through today- so it was about a ten day inconvenience....i still have no problem with amazon, but when it is a secondary shipper, it seems to be a headache.