Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

11-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 94 posts since Nov 2009
Would love to have some advice on how to set up my new computer with Windows 7 so that I can back up dvds that I own in the easiest way possible. I used to use dvd shrink and nero but that is no longer an option. Windows 7 is not compatible with anything less than a nero9 and shrink wont work with anything over a nero7. The main thing is that it needs to be USER FRIENDLY. For me the fewest amount of steps needed is the best. I can get by on a computer but that is about it. I have heard that DVDFab has a program that will now do everything?? Does anybody use this? Would I still need Nero? IF there are any other programs out there that are user friendly I would love to hear about them. Thanks in advance!
  11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
are you just trying to burn the dvds or create them? if just burn get clonedvd2 its super easy to use. or even a free one image burn
  11-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I know she mentioned to me, she needed it to copy and back up her retail items for safety- and therefore I suggested DVDFAB, but I haven't actually USED that program, I have stuck with nero/shrink for such things.
  11-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 86 posts since Nov 2009
I use DVD-Cloner 9. It's kind of expensive, but it's very easy & simply to use. It shrinks and copies it in one step. For just backing up a retail disc, I only have to make 4 clicks.

http://www.dvd-cloner.com/dvd-cloner/
  11-18-2012, 01:16 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 52 posts since Nov 2009
Odd. I have a windows 7 machine that i upgraded to Pro and it uses DVD Shrink and Nero 7.