$14.23
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
FREE delivery Saturday, May 25 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35. Order within 15 hrs 42 mins
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
$$14.23 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$14.23
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.
Ships from
Amazon
Ships from
Amazon
Returns
30-day easy returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Payment
Secure transaction
Your transaction is secure
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
Payment
Secure transaction
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more

Being Human: Season 4 (BD) [Blu-ray]

4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 440 ratings
IMDb7.9/10.0

$14.23
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime
FREE Returns
Additional Multi-Format options Edition Discs
Price
New from Used from
Multi-Format
January 15, 2013
Standard Edition
$14.23
$14.23 $6.93
Watch Instantly with Per Episode Buy Season
{"desktop_buybox_group_1":[{"displayPrice":"$14.23","priceAmount":14.23,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"14","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"23","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"QWbk%2FSp2la3sfJ7ywsw2TRUQZrLudJr%2BAQbBwR4UOWyFBhJ7OU0lu2pE%2BeoM0%2F6Um8eNvFZj%2FFDMydv8XAhOhIsrXtUHNJGeICuotuJ25klEl7pia2aRChYz53sJoOmoEhXdUO%2BbxSqvqPhaju4vIF80Hf%2BfJQqrmfQuAKKg%2F2Buop%2B8wz%2Ftob0C95XcZJVD","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":0}]}

Purchase options and add-ons

Genre Science Fiction & Fantasy
Format Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Full Screen, NTSC, Original recording remastered, Widescreen, Subtitled
Contributor Various
Language English
Runtime 8 hours
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Frequently bought together

$14.23
Get it as soon as Saturday, May 25
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by Outlet Promotions and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$35.00
Get it as soon as Friday, May 24
Only 16 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by TheBuyz and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$9.96
Get it as soon as Friday, May 24
Only 7 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by TheBuyz and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Some of these items ship sooner than the others.
Choose items to buy together.

Product Description

Being Human: Season 4 (Blu-ray)

The original UK Being Human, is back for an all-new season. In an old hotel, in a sleepy seaside town, a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost try their best to live normal human lives. Yet despite their efforts to be left in peace, there are members of their own kind determined to rid the world of humanity. With the vampires still wanting to strike and The Old Ones on their way, Annie and her two new housemates - Tom and Hal - find themselves in the middle of the struggle. But now, not only are there vampires to keep at bay, there’s also a wicked ghost on the loose, and someone’s trying to expose the existence of werewolves. Being human has never been tougher.

]]>

Product details

• Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 0.7 x 7.5 x 5.4 inches; 0.35 ounces
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ 26251978
  • Director ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, Full Screen, NTSC, Original recording remastered, Widescreen, Subtitled
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 8 hours
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ January 15, 2013
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Subtitles: ‏ : ‎ English
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ BBC Home Entertainment
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B007V4QLP6
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 3
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 440 ratings

Customer reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5
440 global ratings

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on March 26, 2015
Our favorite group of supernatural's lives have changed forever. Mitchell had died at the hands of his best friend George. This started a war for the rest against the vampires that would see the world crumble beneath their feet. Meanwhile George has lost Nina to the very same vampires that wanted Mitchell dead. All he had left is the daughter that she brought into this world and with his dying breath names her Eve.
Meanwhile Annie taking on the role of mother to baby Even invites werewolf Tom to live with her and the baby in the hopes of trying to get things back to normal for them. What none of them know is that Eve from the future has become a ghost to go to the past for some unknown reason. Trying everything in her power to figure out a prophecy laid out by the first vampires eons ago.
As the mystery of Eve's future unravels something strange comes to there doorsteps. A vampire named Hal who has lived with a werewolf named Leo and a Ghost named Pearl. Together the three of them have kept Hal from drinking blood for over fifty-five years and things have been going well that is until Leo's old age is affecting him. For turning into a werewolf has taken its toll on Leo and one more transformation could very well kill him. That is until Leo receives a strange message about a baby that could help them all.
As this all happens a former friend of Hal's has taken over the task of preparing for the arrival of The Old Ones. Vampires who have lived longer then recorded history lead by a vampire named Mr. Snow. For they want the Eve as well for reasons only they know.
Will these new supernatural's be able to get along? Will Eve be able to save the future before its too late? And what of the Old Ones what are there plans for all this? You'll just have to check out Being Human Series Four to find out.
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 4, 2012
I am not one to buy something when I can have for free so to speak, but thank you Amazon.com for providing this series in it's entirety uncensored.

If you have watched the last 3 years of this program you of course have doubts as to how it could possibly go on with so many changes, believe me it works. This is a new day with new problems and believable characters which are brilliantly acted. There's a surprise around every corner, I can't wait for next week.

As to why buy it now and here, well... I tried watching on our American version of the station that runs it, talk about disappointing! We yanks are amazing, show body parts and violence but say a "naughty" word and it just can't be done! This program I watched the day after airing uninterrupted and in it's entirety! What a pleasure. I highly recommend viewing this show through Amazon Streaming, came through crystal clear on my computer I didn't even need the HD version, can't wait for next week. Costs less than a cup of coffee per episode!

The show gets a 5 star from me for being creative and well done...shockingly well done. Amazon gets 5 stars for offering a fabulous service in a timely manner delivered to so many of my devices , well it's a go for this viewer. Enjoy season 4 of Being Human UK and enjoy watching it thru Amazon.com!
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2013
The end of Season 3 to the beginning of Season 4 brought us some major cast changes. That was a very difficult thing to digest. Few shows survive these changes, transitional characters. Three that did were M.A.S.H., Cheers and E.R. If a show has to lose a main character(s), it can’t be done all at once. In this 4th season, we saw two of the four main characters go. That would be a total of three because the 3rd season lost one of the four in the very last episode. I don't think the show could've survived the loss of all four at one time. I think the writers took the correct route. They transitioned in new characters before the old transitioned out. Annie, the ghost, was arguably the show’s anchor. Keeping her character intact safely allowed the transitions to take place. At the end of Season 4, even her character transitioned out in a relatively satisfying way.

One of my all-time favorite TV shows was called Northern Exposure. Rob Morrow's character, Dr. Joel Fleishman, transitioned out at the end of the 4th season. Apparently, Rob Morrow wanted to move on to a movie career. Northern Exposure was an example of a show that could not survive the loss of its central character. In the case of Being Human, the characters central to the show were written in a way where we understood there were no other options. They had to go. As a viewer, we realized this and accepted it as a reality of that world. Transitions can be very tough when you become so invested in certain characters. The writers of Being Human were smart about this. They introduced new central characters early on, which allowed the viewer to create new attachments.

On my three previous Being Human reviews, I compared Season 1 through 3 of the US and British versions. The third and the fourth season had very few similarities. I liked that because both versions stood alone. It's very difficult to say which one is the better of the two. I'm going to go out on a limb and commit myself. The British version is extremely intense. It its environment and dialogue feels more real world. I really like the US version but the blue ribbon goes to the British Being Human. At least, that's what I think.
Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2021
This is the original series that spawned the SciFi series of the same name. This was an interesting take on the supernatural and was a fun watch.

Buy this so you don't have to hope it comes back around on BBC America or however you catch BBC shows, and so you can watch it again if you miss any of the story points.
Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2024
Awkward DVD formatting was odd.

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
Paul Seguin
5.0 out of 5 stars THIS CONTINUES THE STORY...
Reviewed in Canada on August 6, 2020
Michell and Nina are dead but George and Annie are alive, at least for a little while, as new cast members come into play. The new werewolf Tom who was introduced in Season 3 takes the more or less lead now as he tried to help George and Annie protect Georges baby..as new dangers arise..Sadly, I miss the dynamic performace of Aiden Turner as Mitchell , the new vampire on the scene is somewhat okay but does not have the magnitism of Mr. Turner..I wont give anything more away but as the season goes on, it picks up steam and you will enjoy the ride. Get the final season to see how it ends...
5.0 out of 5 stars S.Resch
Reviewed in Germany on May 15, 2016
Diese DVD ist sehr gut und spannend. Da lebt ein Geist ein Werwolf und ein Vampir zusammen die für Gerechtigkeit kämpfen und zusammen halten gegen die anderen bösen der Dunkelheit
Paul Tapner
5.0 out of 5 stars Mind the baby
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 26, 2014
A three disc dvd set, which contains all eight one hour long episodes of Being Human series four. A bbc series about a Vampire, a Werewolf and a Ghost sharing a house together and trying to lead normal lives. Supernatural distractions notwithstanding.

This is not really a jumping on point, so new viewers should start with season one.

Regular viewers, read on.

Minor spoilers do follow. But you'll get those from the front and back of the box anyhow.

This season changes the line up. As you can see from the box cover. Time has passed between the series three finale and the start of this one. During which time a major event has happened offscreen. That does feel a bit jarring at first. But the length of the episode does mean you have more than come to terms with it by the end.

Annie is faced with having to bring up the Werewolf baby on her own. But manages to form a new family to replace her old one. Tom, the young werewolf from series three becomes a regular character. Then there's new housemate Hal. A five hundred year old vampire. Posh. Uptight. Obsessive compulsive. And hiding from his horrible past.

Living normal lives and bringing up baby Eve won't be easy. Hal and Tom don't initially get on whatsoever. Someone is trying to expose the existence of werewolves. And the old ones are on their way...

How you react to the changes is going to be a matter of opinion. But if you're prepared to accept them, then they're fine. Hal is a great character, an individual in his own right and totally different in many ways from Mitchell. He and Tom do, over the course of the season, make a great double act. And both characters do develop really well.

Annie is a solid centre to the whole thing, because she is having to bear a lot of responsibility.

There are individual storylines complete in a single part once again. Some of which are very good indeed. There's some really good black comedy at times. Some excellent guest characters. And a season long main plot that develops nicely and doesn't go the way you might expect.

The eighth episode doesn't really have the budget to do the big scale thing it could have been. So it has to get by on character moments. As a result of which, you won't forget the last few minutes in a hurry. These wok because they do bring an end to all that has come so far, and point the show off in a new direction as well. Said last episode also does grab thanks to an amazingly good guest star turn from Mark Gatiss.

A strong season. Which is no mean feat considering what it had to do. And a really good watch.

Some may wish to watch out for flashing images in episodes five and seven.

The dvd has the following language and subtitle options:

Languages: English.

Subtitles; English.

There are the following extras:

Disc one has a four minute long trailer which recaps the events of the first three series.
Plus three five minute long prologues to this series. Hal. Tom. The Old Ones. All need to be watched. Ideally before episode one.

Disc two has interviews with the three main cast members, plus Russell Tovey, the producer, and the show's creator. All these run from six to nine minutes in length, and are very good watching.

Disc three has six featurettes, all about various aspects of the series and how they were produced:

Toby's guide. Two minutes long, and a brief introduction to part of the main plotline. So it could ideally be watched pre episode one.
Goodbye Russell.
The Fall of George.
Adam Returns.
Allison.
The museum.

These run from three to seven minutes. All are interesting and good viewing.

There's also seven minutes worth of deleted scenes. These can only be watched all in a row. And it's worth doing that.
8 people found this helpful
why?not
4.0 out of 5 stars nouveaux personnages
Reviewed in France on November 7, 2013
Effectivement, c'est toujours périlleux pour une série qui a conquis son public de devoir remplacer son casting au fur et à mesure des saisons. Pour ma part, je trouve l'exercice plutôt réussi : cela doit être un propre des séries anglaises, voir Skins dont la totalité des acteurs changeait toutes les deux saisons ou Misfits qui a connu beaucoup de changements également ! Mitchell disparaît à la fin de la saison 3, Nina n'apparaît même pas dans la saison 4 et George tire sa révérence dès le 1er épisode déjà... Bon, oui, ok, ils vont nous manquer..! Quoique. Je trouvais Mitchell plutôt malsain, mais c'est un vampire me direz-vous ! Et Nina m'a toujours été quelque peu antipathique. C'est de loin le personnage de George que je vais regretter le plus mais avouons que, sans sa Nina, il n'est plus vraiment lui-même ! ;-) Alors que du bon ces changements ? Je pense que oui. La série a su se renouveler tout en gardant son fil rouge. Il y a d'abord Tom que nous connaissons depuis un certain nombre d'épisodes maintenant et qui est, à mon avis, le personnage le plus touchant. Le nouveau vampire Hal a l'air mieux équilibré même s'il garde un côté torturé, mais c'est un vampire me direz-vous (bis) ! Et Annie est toujours là. De nouveaux liens d'amitié peuvent donc se nouer et les aventures de nos nouveaux héros restent toujours aussi improbables !!! Que du bonheur ! ATTENTION, jusqu'à maintenant j'ai essayé de donner mon avis sans trop dévoiler d'éléments essentiels de la série MAIS, si vous n'avez pas encore vu la saison 4 et que vous ne voulez pas connaître la fin, NE LISEZ SURTOUT PAS CE QUI SUIT ! Eh oui, à la fin de la saison 4, Annie disparaît, elle aussi. Snif ! Quoique (bis). Oui, elle était bien gentille pour ne pas dire gentille, gentille et gentille..! Enfin, on l'aimait bien quand même... :'-( Voilà la boucle est finalement bouclée et il n'y aura donc aucun des acteurs des débuts de la série dans la saison 5 (oui, oui, il y a une saison 5 même si on ne la trouve pas (encore?) en vente sur Amazon.fr). Moi je l'attends avec impatience, j'aurai l'impression de commencer une toute nouvelle série... Surtout que l'introduction en fin de saison 4 du personnage d'Alex, la nouvelle fantômette, laisse présager le meilleur : il semblerait qu'elle ait un petit peu plus de caractère que la "gentille" Annie ! Allez, toutes et tous, restez fan et surtout soyez humains !
Steve
5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 2, 2023
Weird and wonderful comedy/horror drama from the Beeb.