01-29-2013, 08:09 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Did anyone get the Seinfeld Complete series box set that came out in 2007? I was wondering if the episodes are the edited and syndicated versions or are they the full uncut episodes that aired on NBC in its original run.
  01-30-2013, 03:33 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I don't know what set I have, but it's definitely uncut. I had this maybe 10 years ago?
Looks fine, tons of bonus features.
  01-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Ok, thanks LS. I too have that 20 something disc set from long ago and was wondering if it was worth an upgrade. I don't think it is, and i will just hold on to that old set.
  11-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 165 posts since Feb 2010
The box set just added one disk of extra features. The rest of the disks were the same as the individually released seasons.

They both feature the original airings, which was a mistake in a couple places if you ask me, like when George gets his dad's car vandalized by parking in the handicapped spot. Frank is played John Randolph, not by Jerry Stiller. Quite unsettling; even worse than Philip Bruns playing Jerry's dad in the Seinfeld Chonicles pilot because we had never seen Barney Martin playing that role. The Randolph/Stiller scene is word for word and it's just dang wrong to see Randolph delivering Stiller's lines... even though Randolph was first.

Also, when Newman is on the roof threatening to jump and Jerry hollers up to him about doing something later, Newman yells back down "I can't, I'm going to the movies" - We had never seen Newman at this point, and in the original airing, the voice was Larry David. Same on the DVD. They should have done like they did in syndication - replaced that voice with Wayne Knight's.

Anyway, I have the whole mess plus a bunch of specials (the cast on Oprah, the reunion on Curb, etc) so holler if you need any of it.