Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
i hated the mods and ruler of said cd-helper ,.. but the some of the people there were gems to know.

do anyone know what happen to the site ?

i still stay in contact with some of the heavy hitters on that site but no one really knows why it never came back up.

thanks
  03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I noticed that, too, some months back.
There was nothing left there aside from copying games, and that's probably got them in trouble.
The traders, collectors, etc -- they'd long ago left. It was just people buying/selling game copies.

It's been gone for months, since at least the fall of last year.
  03-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Verified Member

wow ,.. so it degraded to nothing just about.

trading has not been the same for years since tv series and old cartoons were and now being released officially.

though i miss the old days a bit.
  03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I noticed it, but was hoping they would come back with a new website etc...I was very friendly with a few there, and am irked I lost touch with them- never saved any emails just assumed they would be around forever---sigh
  03-05-2013, 06:31 PM

Well, this one's not going anywhere. It's been around since 1999.
  03-07-2013, 06:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
hah, I forgot you were a member of this forum, Eli :-) At least you still stay in touch with me LOL

CD-Helper apparently didn't pay the bill from what I've been told. After talking to a few of the regulars there, I also heard they were not bringing it back. Its too bad, I did most of the dealings on there........and much like Savage, I didn't save many e-mails or contact info for anyone either. I guess I'll look around other forums and see if I run into anyone from there.
  03-08-2013, 12:40 PM

CD-Helper.com refugees are welcome here at TVPast.org

We're here for the long-haul. Always have been, always will be.

Even medical problems by both owners doesn't keep us down!
I swear Savage and I lived at the hospital more than or own homes these past few months. But we keep on keeping on.

// Note, rockman666 please fix: mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded
  03-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
Damn, it happened again where I had to manually delete my e-mails from the internet based site. I tell Outlook to delete them immediately......obviously it didn't listen to me LOL. Thanks for the heads up.
The following users thank rockman666 for this useful post: lordsmurf (03-08-2013)
  03-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman666 View Post
hah, I forgot you were a member of this forum, Eli :-) At least you still stay in touch with me LOL

CD-Helper apparently didn't pay the bill from what I've been told. After talking to a few of the regulars there, I also heard they were not bringing it back. Its too bad, I did most of the dealings on there........and much like Savage, I didn't save many e-mails or contact info for anyone either. I guess I'll look around other forums and see if I run into anyone from there.
lol,.. i did not know you were here ,.. i'm worst than you.

smurfs invites makes me cringe
if Big from cd-helper ever comes here , i'm out!
he was a punk bi_ch then, and i'm sure that has not change.

anyway good folks like you old buddy , chocobo, gamemaster, and letsmod are ones i never wanted to lose contact with,.. glad i stored your emails.

if it was not for my being banned there, i would had never built my collection of kungfu and japanese films thanks to "kung fu cinema" and other solo collectors i came across while wondering the desert for 1 year ,..lol.
  03-09-2013, 08:36 AM

Verified Member

I still stay in touch with gamemaster and just found chocobo's e-mail in my contacts list. I'm sure this will be much to your dismay but I do keep in contact with Big too. I'm trying to get into another CD-H style board that gamemaster and Big are both members of and as soon as the 2 of them back me up with referrals, I'll be in. Do to a database error, I got right in the first day before it was discovered I never proved myself. Its not nearly as organized as CD-H was but has the same trading elements. I couldn't find private messaging or a search option........I'm hoping they exist when I am a full fledged member.

Anyway, bro......good contacts are hard to come by and I'm glad you're one of mine :-) Stay in touch and you always know where to find me.......as long as my e-mail box isn't full LOL (that's the second time that happened to me)
  03-09-2013, 10:29 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman666 View Post
I still stay in touch with gamemaster and just found chocobo's e-mail in my contacts list. I'm sure this will be much to your dismay but I do keep in contact with Big too. I'm trying to get into another CD-H style board that gamemaster and Big are both members of and as soon as the 2 of them back me up with referrals, I'll be in. Do to a database error, I got right in the first day before it was discovered I never proved myself. Its not nearly as organized as CD-H was but has the same trading elements. I couldn't find private messaging or a search option........I'm hoping they exist when I am a full fledged member.

Anyway, bro......good contacts are hard to come by and I'm glad you're one of mine :-) Stay in touch and you always know where to find me.......as long as my e-mail box isn't full LOL (that's the second time that happened to me)
always love brutal honesty! lol

lol ,.. ohh God ,.. Big ? ... lol if i'm the joker ,.. he's my batman ? doesn't that make him the good guy ? ,.. anyway i'm glad you can enjoy him ..hahaahaha.

yeah let chocobo know about the new forum as well ,.. he would like that too.
and say hey to gamemaster for me , it's been a while since i traded with him.
ohh and ask him if he's still into oriental movies ,.. i have tons.

take care big guy,.. i will be needing access to some of your goodies later this year ,.. just not sure what yet.
  03-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 2 posts since Mar 2013
i cant beleve it.

lordsmurf , rockman even big.

good to see u guys.
  03-28-2013, 03:35 PM

Hi Zero.

You've been verified. (Didn't need to ask... I know who you are!)
If you know any former CD-H traders, bring them here.
  03-31-2013, 02:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 2 posts since Mar 2013
can,t remember any off hand, cept u , big & rock,.

good to see friends.

i specalize in bluray archives , h264/ mp4 sets now. or isos.

most relyable for current media .

that & ex hdd,

thanks for the warm welcome.
  04-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 2 posts since Sep 2009
I was a member of Cd-Helper.com. I wish it was still around.
  05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Verified Member

Since so many people miss it, maybe we can re-create some of what the forum did, here-- anyone interested?
  05-06-2013, 06:17 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 2 posts since Sep 2009
I'm interested.
  05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
They did a lot of raffles and recently had a download forum.
  05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Verified Member

I can manage a few raffles easily, or rotate them with the contests I run (which does everyone KNOW there are contests here yet? there is one right now matter of fact)

download forums are hard....LS will have to think on that one, it can cause some problems- although in a private forum password protected, it could be doable...hmm
  05-08-2013, 12:45 PM

We could do a "download of the month" kind of deal. Similar to mailed contests.
Maybe hold a vote one month, to download the winning item the next. Rinse, repeat.
Vote thread (next month) and download thread (this month) are concurrent.

We'll have monthly newsletters by end of summer.