Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-31-2013, 06:05 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Hello everyone:
I am interested in the opinions of all here who are familiar with the old Munsters show and may have seen the new 2012 show called 'Mockingbird Lane'. How does it compare or to be blunt, is it any good? I have never seen it so I am curious. Thank you.
  06-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 165 posts since Feb 2010
I hadn't heard of Mockingbird Lane until I saw your post, so now I'm on the lookout too!
  06-27-2013, 02:14 PM

Spoilers ahead... if this rotten mess can be 'spoiled' any further...

I got my hands on Mockingbord Lane and I hated it. It's gory and violent and nothing like funny. It's never stated, but the clear implication is that Grandpa is Dracula and possibly, Satan himself... As he's trying to murder Eddie's scout troop leader to drink his blood (and replace Herman's heart with this new one), Marilyn accidentally pushes the scout leader down the stairs to his death. So now it's OK when we see the scout leader on the table with a huge hole in his chest where his heart was yanked out, and there's Grandpa drinking the man's blood from the hole in his chest, through a straw. Hey, we didn't actually murder him, it was an accident, so we might as well cannibalize him while he's handy. Cannibalism is a theme that runs through the episode, with the implication that Grandpa isn't the only one with a taste for human flesh.

It's vile, repulsive, disgusting, and despicable, so I'm sure there are some bloodthirsty fantasy role playing idiots who will hoot and holler about how great it is. Count me out.

It started out so good! For the first three minutes I thought I was going to love it. The acting is good, the sets and costumes are spectacular, and the premise was proven healthy two generations ago. In this incarnation it's a pile of 5h1t that I wish I hadn't stepped in. Excuse me while I go scrape it off my shoe.
  06-27-2013, 04:25 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Ah, I feel bad that I had any influence in your viewing it. But I thank you for passing that on. I was hoping it was some sort of GOOD reincarnation of The Munsters. Thank you again for the warning and I guess I'll pass on trying to acquire it.
  06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
I saw this on Hulu Plus a few months back if anyone is interested in taking a look at it...but your not missing much.
  07-12-2013, 09:45 AM

James, please don't apologize! I would have hunted it down and watched it no matter where I heard of it first. I might have been standing at a bus stop and overheard about it. No matter! I just happened to hate it, but that's no reflection on the person I heard about it from.

If anyone still wants it, I have it complete and in 10/10 quality.