Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Been a long time since i posted here, so i thought i will post the 1st short film that i helped to direct, edit and also starred in. Making films is not easy, and with all the pre production to post production work that was involved, it has given me a big insight into how much work and time that is involved into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rqDpPz_54c

I learnt alot this year and i loved every minute of it, which i will be putting my experience into the new sets that i am making, including doing color grading. so i hope you guys enjoy it and i welcome any feedback, postive or negative and any questions you guys may have. Enjoy!
  06-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Bartending Champion
Stats: 582 posts since Jun 2013
looks good a few co workers and i checked it out today on our lunch break. Not a bad short at all. keep up the good work
  06-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Interesting little snippet. I like that it has no dialogue.
I'm curious how it'd look if it were 15 minutes long. Was this a class project? And if so, we you time-limited?
  06-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Verified Member

We had to pitch our film ideas, and we choose which film we was interested in and worked on it within that group. It was only 4 people in our group, but we had strict deadlines, as we had to do it on a professional level as u would normally in the real film industry.

But it was a struggle, as two of the people in our group was lazy and didnt really care about the work, so as the director, i had to take on more jobs in order to get the film done in time. I would love to do it longer and did more scenes, but didnt have time.
  07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Wow, looking good.
My husband is the producer and co writer for Qwerty, so over the last few years I have had a hardcore jump into the world of making movies--editing and so on.
I give creators a lot more credit.
He also had the same issues, lazy people, not showing up- lack of effort...money.. etc

Thank you for posting it, I love to see creative work especially from fellow traders!

Do you plan on doing more? Where did you pitch your ideas?

You are very right about time, and how much work is involved no one just slaps down a film, no matter the length. I applaud your effort and hope to see more
  07-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Verified Member

You got a link for the film qwerty, be interested to check it out. I do defeintly plan on doing more, i got a few ideas for some more shorts i would like to do. at the moment i need to find a way to get some equipment and also write the script, crew, money. etc..

I am very passionate about film making, so i want to do more to get some more experience, i had to pitch the idea at college. but now that i am not at college, i plan on pitching it on this website to get funding for the project and when i go to uni next year i should be able to do more films, if i can get in.. lolz..

I agree with the time and work involved, i worked out i did seven jobs for the film, i did one shoot and then got told to re shoot. still going to edit the first one, as i want to keep my actors happy, and its good connections to have for the future.
  07-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Sure
http://www.qwertythemovie.com/about.html

My husband is the Producer, and just had one helk of a time with this film. it was his 5th, and the most difficult. But, it has also now won 11 different awards in the Independent Film Festival stream- So I think he is glad he took the project on regardless. If people knew all the work that goes into even a bad movie, they would appreciate the art more... It amazes me how many get made- and I find a lot of them bad movies, or badly made. But the effort that went into it, I am still aware of....daunting.
Keep us informed of your work and efforts, love to see the creative side to our traders.