Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

07-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
Safety Last! (1923) - Harold Lloyd

Criterion Collection have released their version of this classic Harold Lloyd movie on blu-ray and dvd.

Highlights:
  • New 2K digital film restoration
  • Musical score by composer Carl Davis from 1989, synchronized and restored under his supervision and presented in uncompressed stereo
  • Alternate score by organist Gaylord Carter from the late 1960s, presented in uncompressed monaural
  • Audio commentary featuring film critic Leonard Maltin and director and Harold Lloyd archivist Richard Correll
  • Introduction by Suzanne Lloyd, Lloyd’s granddaughter and president of Harold Lloyd Entertainment
  • Harold Lloyd: The Third Genius, a 104-minute documentary from 1989
  • Three newly restored Lloyd shorts: Take a Chance (1918), Young Mr. Jazz (1919), and His Royal Slyness (1920), with commentary by Correll and film writer John Bengtson
  • Locations and Effects, a new documentary featuring Bengtson and special effects expert Craig Barron
  • New interview with Davis
  • PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Ed Park

Safety Last! Blu-ray

Safety Last! DVD
  07-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'm a huge fan of Harold Lloyd.