Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This site made about $5 per month from having Google Ads, which only partially covered its costs. But it was better than nothing.

Unfortunately, Google was too nosy, and having a hissy fit over discussing an unreleased show. So rather than play their silly games, and jump through their hoops, I've removed their ads. I actually did this last month, but just haven't had time to post about it.

The content of this site will NOT be dictated by a faceless corporation, as we are cartoon/TV collectors, and sometimes all that exists is unofficial versions of episodes for those shows we so fondly remember from our younger days. So it gets discussed.

I'm going to instead try two things:

(1) Another fundraiser at some point in the near future.
(2) To use a few ads for sites we all already frequent -- Amazon, Warner Brothers, and some toy/comic type sites.

I still don't have time to do this, but will sometime in November.

The ads were never intrusive, and Verified Members never saw several of them. Know that if you use AdBlock, you hurt this site.

Thanks.