Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

01-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Same concept as the fundraiser posts: Ideas for a Site Fundraiser?
What would you consider worth paying for?

What site perks could be offered as premium? (If you would not pay for it, don't suggest it!)

One-time cost?
Yearly subscription?
Monthly subscription?

We need to raise a few bucks for this site.
- One way is the one-time raffles, or whatever else we can come up with.
- The other is to offer something special in exchange for a few dollars.

This may be a dud idea, but I want to float it around out there.

Let me know what you think.
  01-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 165 posts since Feb 2010
My suggestion: Figure up how much you need to raise to cover everything for the rest of 2014. Make a 'thermometer' graphic like we see around, in perhaps $10 increments. Then state the case: We need cash to the top of this goal! Accept plain old-fashioned donations, adding to the 'mercury' level until it tops out.

Corny but it could work...
  01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Yeah, people like to see their progress. How much is "a few bucks"? I may not be around much, but I truly appreciate the fact that the community is still here, and I'd be happy to kick in some $$.

Back when Savage had her own board, we used to sponsor a month to make the forum ad-free. Would something like that work here?

Deb
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  01-29-2014, 03:28 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 165 posts since Feb 2010
I'd say "a few bucks' is anywhere from ten to twenty-five. That's just a guess, though. Who of us can't afford to contribute ten or twenty bucks once or twice a year?
  01-29-2014, 06:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 204 posts since Nov 2009
I don't trade as my computer is broken,but people have helped me in the past and at times during the year.I don't mind contributing$10,$20.Its a great idea. To keep site going
  01-29-2014, 01:33 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I'd say a yearly fee would be ideal just because it's easy to remember to pay a certain time of the year.

One time fee would eliminate any future income so might not be a good idea for the site.

Monthly fee would end up becoming a chore imo. It would just be another regular bill I'd have to pay

Perks don't really mean a lot to me. Nearly every site that I'm a member has them, but I never really use them.