01-31-2014, 04:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Hello:
I thought I should let everyone know of a site (in case they didn't already) called 'Robert's Hard to find videos'. I have known of it for some time and recently purchased a couple of old tv series episodes. His list of stock is considerable but he DOES have some pretty rare stuff. Prices are acceptable when you consider the rarity of some of it. The A/V quality varied but understandable and some of it was really good for it's age. So check it out. You never know what you might find. He is in Saskatoon. Perhaps someone here will find something they've searched for a long time. Good luck!
  02-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Hmmm.... kind of a profiteer, and not a collector helping other collectors, don't you think?

Trying to sell videos for $40 each? That'd better be a pristine DVD release for that price! But of course, we know it's not. I doubt it's even a VHS release. It more likely a low-quality homemade nth generation VHS tape. People like that are honestly represent everything that's wrong with this hobby. By means of a financial firewall, they horde the videos, and it's only "rare" by way of self-fulfilling prophecy (hard to find because it's too expensive when it is located).

Just my 2 cents on it.
  02-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Good morning Lordsmurf:
Yup, you're absolutely right in everything you say. BUT, I would hasten to add that he DOES have at least a few of those rare gems we in the group are anxious to trade for and search for. So yes, some are ridiculously expensive BUT once purchased, WE can share them as much as we like, especially among those within this fantastic group so I still say, have a peak. If something strikes your fancy, you don't have to buy the store. Just grab that item you've searched for so long and share, share, share!
I found the quality varies, depending. Some of the stuff is great quality and some was fair but considering the availability elsewhere, I was pleased. I couldn't find some of what I bought ANYWHERE else. Expensive? Yes but not extreme, especially considering it was the only place to find it ... until now. Now I have them too! (O.S.S.)
And if anyone is interested, the 1950s show Silent Service has 2 or 3 episodes on youtube. It is pretty rare. If anyone has it on disc or can tell me how to transfer to disc from youtube, please let me know.
  02-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.robertsvideos.com/

Yeah, thankfully he has nothing I'd want.