Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

02-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 56 posts since Nov 2009
Stumbled upon this site. Has a couple of things I might be interested in. Has anyone ever heard of them or know if they're legit? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

http://lighthousemusicandentertainment.com/Home.html
  02-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I looked at the cartoons.

They're mostly:
- selling my work
- selling markatisu's work
- selling allaboutduncan's work
- selling lordgoat666's work
- selling really old F-grade bootlegs of now-released shows (buy the releases!) -- majority of what I see there.

That person's idea of quality is not to be trusted. Seriously, A+ for 13 episodes on on disc! Right! His/her idea of "B" grades are more like C grades (barely watchable) or F grades (utter garbage). I've seen many of the sets being pushed on there, and many were either replaced or released in the last decade.

They have one of those stupid "disclaimers" on the About Us page.

Not a fan of these people.

There used to be many of them in the early 2000s. Most are gone now, and I say good riddance. "Don't let the door hit you on the @ss on the way out!" Profiteers were/are a blight on the TV/cartoon collecting hobby. It's one reason that markatisu quit, as he was tired of seeing his hobby work sold by others. A real shame that was, too.

It this is a trader, proceed carefully. They send first, or you do a 2-3 disc test trade.

Who ever heard of alphabetizing shows by "The". Seriously?
  02-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 56 posts since Nov 2009
Thank you for your insight and knowledge. I knew I came to the right place. Having been seriously burned in the past myself by a former trader overselling, over trading and greatly profiting off a set that I made, I am quite cautious and leery of dealing with anyone that I just don't know and who is not sanctioned by the wonderful people on this board who have each other's backs and who help keep us all safe.
The following users thank Linna59 for this useful post: lordsmurf (02-04-2014)
  02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
I do know anything about the site, but LS if correct, sites like that used to be everywhere with that same disclaimer and a copy and paste of the Home Video Recording Act or whatever it is, I never understood why people who out this on their sites with the " I promise i am not a this and I am not that" by entering the site, why they think this is going to protect them.

Anyone have any suggestions on that? From what I remember reading on on the recording act thing is that it allows the taping of programs for personal use, I don't recall it saying anything about selling what you record, I guess I should brush up on it ..lol does it any have any pull these days (if it ever did).

Dwen
  02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Think of drug dealers: "You ain't a cop, is you? Cause if you are, and say you're not, then you can't arrest me! That's entrapment!"
Not too bright, is it?
As Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign!"
  02-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Verified Member

Great analogy LS, that is what I always figured the though process was behind that, although the website owner most but a lot of faith in it using an email address that is directly provided to them by their ISP. LOL.

Everyone have a good day.

Dwen
  02-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Yeah, that person uses Q.com, which is CenturyLink. (Though I'd feel far more secure with an ISP email, as a trader/buyer, than I would with Yahoo/Gmail/etc.)
  02-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Verified Member

really why is that Smurf a ISP email versus the big freebies? Just curious. I am all about email privacy which is why I do not sue the big commercial free ones that you mentioned.

Dwen