Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

04-30-2014, 08:59 PM

Stats: 18 posts since Apr 2014
Hey everyone. This is my first post ever. I'm making a series of holiday-themed compilation DVD set for a friend of mine (and myself too). The first one I'm working on is a Halloween: Prime Time 1980s compilation and, while I am finding some of the episodes to include from my own DVD collection, there's a few episodes from various shows that just cannot locate anywhere (so far...I'll know my full list of what I can't find when I finish searching for the episodes on my list). I'm posting my "missing in action" list on here in hopes that someone might have the episodes for download or sale or even if someone could point me in the right direction to find them. At any rate, here's the first 5 episodes I'm unable to locate:

Alice "Alice's Halloween Surprise" (10/25/1981)
Alice "Space Sharples" (10/28/1984)
Amazing Stories "Mummy, Daddy" (10/27/1985)
Anything But Love "Scared Straight" (10/18/1989)
Benson "The Stranger" (10/25/1985)

P. S. I'm also looking for a better quality copy of 227 "Bull's Eye" (10/31/1987). The video I have of it is taped with a camera recording a TV playing the episode...

ANY help is appreciated!!
  05-07-2014, 06:51 AM

Anyone? Any ideas? Perhaps a VHS release had these episodes? A place to download them? Anything? I'm also looking for:

The Charmings "A Charming Halloween" (10/29/1987)

I'm willing to trade.
  05-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I may have the Amazing Stories episode, but it'll be some months before I finish my "family tapes" project. I know for sure that most of one tape is Amazing Stories (6 hours long SLP mode), and it's definitely from the mid/late 80s.

Most of my collection, however, is cartoons. And for that, I've got quite a few Halloween specials and episodes of shows from the 80s and 90s.
  05-11-2014, 12:09 AM

Thanks for the reply, lordsmurf. I will eventually be branching out into not just Primetime but Saturday Morning cartoons 80s-90s holiday specials so I will definitely keep you in mind when I get those
  05-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Ok everyone so I'm now only missing 3 episodes to complete my 80s PrimeTime Halloween compilation DVD. If ANYONE has the following episodes, please let me know! I need them!

Fantasy Island "The Last Cowboy/The Lady & the Monster" (from Season 5)
Laverne & Shirley "Ghost Story" (from Season 8...I might have to end up finding this DVD set)
What's Happening Now!! "Cabin Fever" (from Season 2, I believe)

PLEASE if anyone has these, I'd be VERY much appreciative if you could provide help in finding these!
  05-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Hmmm... see if savageamusement has those. That's her kind of show.
  05-25-2014, 11:54 AM

Thanks lordsmurf. I hope to hear back from her soon. I'm actually visiting the friend whom I'm making the compilation for next Friday so under ideal circumstances, I hope to find those 3 episodes before then. If not, there's always having it in time for Halloween