Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

09-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
Let me start out by saying, I'm computer challenged so this needs to be very user friendly.

A couple of the things that I am wanting to accomplish are:

1) edit discs that I have recorded using my Toshiba DVD recorder. I'd like to 'crop off' the extra stuff that recorded because I recorded after the show ended, and edit out the commercials. (I still use an antenna so am not able to use a DVR. )

2) I would like to be able to reauthor some of my discs that have episodes out of order or have duplicated episodes and want to replace them with other episodes. (I hope that makes sense...)

I'm computer savvy enough to rip retail discs to my hard drive and know how to drag-and-drop homemade stuff, too...if that helps any.

So, if anyone can recommend at good software to use (that is easy to figure out), I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance for your help.