Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

10-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 78 posts since Aug 2005
Years ago I traded for Gallant Men, they are on Imation brand discs. I tried to play them, but now they freeze. I knew when I recieved them to change brands, but I forgot. Can they be cleaned to play, just so I can save the shows? Thanks, Steve.
  10-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
Have you tried vob blanker or iso buster. The disc might have a few bad sectors. These programs detect the bad sectors and replace with fake sectors. Keep in mind that if you do this your video will have slight hiccups where the bad sectors were. I think less than 10 bad sectors in a row is ok but if it ends up being more than that, it may not be worth doing.

If the discs are scratched, then you can try rubbing white toothpaste on the discs. It adds an extra layer to the disc. You can also take out a layer by boiling the disc until you see less scratches. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  10-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 78 posts since Aug 2005
Thanks a lot, I will try that. Its a great show.