01-23-2015, 04:01 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Hey guys,
It's been quite a while. I was downloading some Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try episodes from You tube via Youtube Downloader HD in 720P. It saved the files to an MP4 file. What dvd authoring program will accept a MP4 file or will it have to be converted to an AVI file, and if so what program do I use to do that?

Also when authoring a widescreen menu, what are the dimensions for the menu as well for allowing overscan. If that makes any sense, it was the only way I know how to word it.
  01-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
this program does an amazing job of converting hd files to really high quality dvd format still in wide screen

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

id give you a download link but there is no new versions of the software floating around the internet anywhere. there is 1 older version but a lot of fixes have been added as far as certain hd support and getting the latest version would give you much better support to work with whatever you throw at it. If i had an extra 100$ id buy it in a heart beat. It encodes at really good quality
The following users thank konfusion for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-23-2015)
  01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
TMW5 is indeed a good program, but it's mostly an encoder. It's the evolution TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to Xpress 4. It's not authorware.

TAW5 is the authoring software: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw5.html

However, battle7 isn't asking for authoring -- he's actually asking for encoding. Authoring means the files are DVD-ready. Encoding means the files are not, and first need to be made compliant for DVD or Blu-ray.

Right program, wrong description.

Furthermore, he appears to want an all-in-one. TMW5 just encodes, it doesn't output to disc. For that, you'd need both TMPGEnc programs. The next option is VSO ConvertXToDVD, which is excellent.
  10-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
I was just searching this forum for info on the latest best video editing and dvd authoring software. I currently use Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus and Ulead DVD Workshop 2. I used to use MPEG-VCR but that program doesn't work on Windows 10, even in compatibility mode. I was looking into possibly investing in a newer and better video editing and dvd authoring software that works with Windows 10, even if it's with a different company. My only issue with DVDWS2 is that I have to use a template to fit the DVD menu picture to the TV screen. I want to be able to just put the picture on the screen in the authoring software and have it automatically fit the screen without a template. Is it worth investing in TMPGEnc?

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/sh...ertcreate.html
  11-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I despise Windows 10. I get a lot grief for this but Windows 7 has less issues with authoring software.. Win8 is nothing more than an app transferred to a pc. If you like to play with apps Windows 8 & 10 is for you. I prefer simpler system that dont crash with everything you install on it. I suggest downgrading to 7 on different computer, definitely use TMPEG keep your other programs .. Myself I use CS6 Premier Pro to edit , Vegas Pro when I feel like dragging and dropping lol , Encore DVD , after effects, Tmpeg 4 authoring suite few other things I have installed just tinkering around with . I have yet to reinstall Ulead as I can not find Workshop 2 anywhere my backup is gone forever . I dont do much authoring for school mainly editing ...over and over and over..Timelines are so tedious... Web and graphic design.
I m just starting to jump back in again as time allows. I m sure Budd ah will set you on the right course ( aka LS)