Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

07-03-2015, 10:46 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 375 posts since Apr 2011
ok I have some dvd sets that look and sound like junk
I want to remaster them
here is what I want to do
1 remove all video and audio flaws
2 improve video and audio of the video in question
3 burn the remastered video on to a dvd so it can be watched on my dvd player
what do I need to do this
  07-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 47 posts since Aug 2013
It would depend on how bad your source is. Depending on the source, some things may be unfixable. Your never going to be ableto remove ALL the flaws of a bad quality video, but you certainly can make it better then the source, in most cases. Lordsmurf knows much more then me, so if he responds to this post, you'll be good to go.
  07-03-2015, 11:46 AM

Verified Member

can you ask him to repli lol
  07-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I always read the forum.

All video and audio errors are different, I'd have to see samples to create a plan of attack.
  07-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Verified Member

say tracking lines and color issues
  07-05-2015, 05:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Done remastering many many times. It helps that I'm a professional sound engineer. It can be very tedious but well worth it in the end. LS is right, need to see it first.
  07-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
Audacity can fix some audio problems.

Say if there is a hissing problem. You can try to isolate that hiss with noise remover.
Get a noise profile (select a portion of the audio where only the hiss is heard), then remove noise.

I know avisynth improves picture quality. Its pretty complicated. I think you need multiple programs. There are tutorials online.

Get ready to spend a lot of time on just one episode.

Good Luck!
  07-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
LS, did you get my PM from several months back?
  09-30-2016, 03:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Wayshway and LS are the experts here on restoring, it all depends on how long you want to spend on cleaning it up with the NLE you got and what problems you got. I would personally recommend getting adobe master collection CS6 and download Da vinci resolve lite. adobe audition is brilliant at doing precise cutting of audio, clear hisses, background noise, etc.

Where Da vinci resove is good for colour grading, I find it a lot easier and more better to use then speedgrade. I'm still a newbie when it comes to grading, but it takes years and a lot of hours to get it up to a professional level. Da vinci resolve lite also do 4k, as well as HD and SD sources. it's a free program and their is loads of tutorials on youtube to help use it, I fell in love with the program when I met phillip bloom and saw him use the program.
The following users thank ninjagirl for this useful post: wayshway (10-05-2016)
  09-30-2016, 05:26 AM

Verified Member

thank you to all of you
hey ninjagirl where is the best safe site to download Da vinci resolve lite
I have found any sites that offer downloads for it BUT I have no ida what site is bst to download it from
  09-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtapes View Post
thank you to all of you
hey ninjagirl where is the best safe site to download Da vinci resolve lite
I have found any sites that offer downloads for it BUT I have no ida what site is bst to download it from
From the official site.

Also read this:
Quote:
Software Update11 Sep 2015
DaVinci Resolve 12.0
This software installs the free DaVinci Resolve 12 software, a full professional editing and color grading system that is suitable for independent users working on SD, HD and Ultra HD projects. This software replaces DaVinci Resolve Lite. Technical support available via the Blackmagic Design community forums. Read more
Right now, this is the newest installer:
Quote:
Software Update11 Aug 2016
DaVinci Resolve 12.5.1
This software update adds ProRes decoding on Windows and no longer requires QuickTime 7 for Windows. Trimming and multicam performance is also improved as DaVinci Resolve 12.5.1 now uses its own native 64-bit code to read and write .mov files. In addition, new ResolveFX have been added and GPU acceleration has been improved for existing plug-ins. This update also adds support for Sony X-OCN, DNxHR 444 alpha channels, AVCHD .mts clips and more. Technical support is available via the Blackmagic Design community forums. Read more
^ Download this one here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/sup...lve-and-fusion

You have to register a name, your email, and a phone number. Notice that I said "a" and "your". All that is required to be accurate is the email address.
  09-30-2016, 07:39 PM

Verified Member

odd problem HELP NEEDED
when I click download for DaVinci Resolve 12.5.1
the form you have to fill out comes up HUGE it will not let me scroll down to the submit button to start the download has anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this
  10-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I use Pro Tools, Sony Vegas or Reaper for audio. TMPGne Masterworks 5 is great for stripping the audio from video and has some really good user friendly tools for cleaning up video. I have some pretty good plugins as well that I use with any of those software programs.

Used correctly, a good compression plugin will work great in some cases for tape hiss. It compresses that hiss nice and tight and buries it in the audio so it's less noticeable.

You need to be careful removing hiss with other tools. Too much can make you lose clarity and also create a flange like slurring sound. Kind of like and old cassette that would go out of phase or a really low bitrate mp3.
Sometimes you just have to find a happy medium and just deal with a little hiss.

Last edited by wayshway; 10-05-2016 at 02:37 AM.
  10-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Verified Member

what I REALLY need is a really good way to improve the video not just the sound
what I am trying to do is IMPROVE the werewolf tv series dvds I bought off ebay

Last edited by mwtapes; 10-05-2016 at 09:14 AM. Reason: more info added
  10-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
Lord smurf check your message box. Sorry to jack thread

Isn't warewolf on chiller still or no?