Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

09-30-2016, 03:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I'm looking at investing in a new dvd recorder/hard drive, I use to own the old pioneer dvd recorder, on the advise by LS as a decent make due to quality. But in recent times with blu ray and 4k being rolled out, I'm not entirely sure what is the best models/makes to get.

looking at pc world they have a Samsung and Panasonic 4k dvd recorder/hard drives recorders, but i'm undecided what will produce the best quality for recording - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...-criteria.html

Can anyone help from this list what will be a good investment to get, price is not a quibble for me, as i'll be also getting a 8TB hard drive and the kodi box to download new programs, but I want something that can do the job and last longer with good quality. so I can focus more on upgrading my other sets and spend more time on my film projects and not worry about fixing the current programs that I recorded already. any advise or help will be much appreciated.
  09-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Bartending Champion
Stats: 582 posts since Jun 2013
strictly my 3 cents.....

SAMSUNG BD-H8900M seems to be the better bet as there is no 4k scaling and to properly record 4k you need to bypass the protection on it which is more advanced then a simple box.