10-05-2016, 05:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Can anyone advise me?
I recently downloaded a show called 'Trapped'. Good murder mystery from Iceland. I managed to get the entire series (10 episodes). But while some episodes are MKV and 264 format, some are MKV and 265 format. I am using something called 'Total Video Converter' and managed to convert 8 out of 10 episodes to MP4 but the last two I can't convert because of the 265 format. Can anyone please tell me if and how to convert these two episodes? Below is what the two types of different download looked like:

AAC EN SUB MPEG4 x 264 WEBRip MPup 847.88 mb (file I converted to MP4)
AAC EN SUB HEVC x 265 WEBRip MPup 118.02 mb (File I can't convert)

Thanking you in advance for any assistance. Please keep in mind I am a simpleton when it comes to tech stuff. I understand some stuff but not a lot.
  10-05-2016, 05:56 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
H.265 is not fun. It's resource intensive to decode (to convert), so hopefully you have a faster/newer computer.

You want the software Hybrid: http://www.selur.de/

You'll convert H.265 to H.264. Then take the 264 and convert to whatever.

Hybrid isn't overly intuitive. Some guesswork is required. And some intelligent navigating the options. Open, select output type, output name, add to queue, start queue.

I've not had to do this much, but it happens. x265 is too new to be in use, but some people still insist on "newer is better". It makes a smaller file, yes, but "better" is debatable.
  10-05-2016, 06:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Thank you Lordsmurf. I understand all of what you said but I can see that when it gets to stuff like "navigating the options. Open, select output type, output name, add to queue, start queue." I won't know what to enter.
But the good news is that now I know it can be done & why & how 265 & 264 differ. It takes my understanding one small step further. If I feel adventurous one day, I MAY try downloading the program you suggest and I guess I should if I want these two remaining episodes bad enough. But I don't know what output type is, output name, nor what to add to que or start que.
It must be very frustrating to someone who is comfortable with tech stuff to try and advise someone a lot more removed from technically gifted. I apologize for that but thank you for trying. I really DO appreciate your time & effort AND as I said, I do understand a BIT more now.

edit
Actually I went to the site you advised and saw the Hybrid Windows Installer. Is that the one I click on? If so, maybe I CAN do this?
  10-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Output is 264, remember. Input was 265.
Open/input file, name new output file -- that's the queue. Nothing to it, really.
Then start queue.

FYI, that means you can add lots of stuff to the queue, and start it. But I never do. I dislike batching video.

Yep, Windosw installer. Download it, run/install it.