$26.99
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
FREE delivery Friday, May 24 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35
Or fastest delivery Thursday, May 23. Order within 8 hrs 15 mins
Only 18 left in stock - order soon.
$$26.99 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$26.99
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.
Ships from
Amazon
Ships from
Amazon
Returns
30-day easy returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Payment
Secure transaction
Your transaction is secure
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
Payment
Secure transaction
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more

Hooperman: Season Two

4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 32 ratings

$26.99
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime
FREE Returns
Additional DVD options Edition Discs
Price
New from Used from
DVD
January 24, 2017
$26.99
$26.99 $18.99
{"desktop_buybox_group_1":[{"displayPrice":"$26.99","priceAmount":26.99,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"26","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"99","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"syJldUbSpl938EX9UVzIjnqZJAl1BsCfxFDkiS5jtJ%2BRM4CLCd5%2FxJTHyKJM%2BoAssG4V4d9gdaomATqSFyGCa%2BhEk5%2BuocVCnzGNVQwP4xYdQFlxhSYAmfY%2FLFd6z9lsG5opZ%2Bv3oMwUkd99d848FqSu0YaABXFmnRK130FWWkiZb1FjfHk1%2FiJIpH08jCPO","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":0}]}

Purchase options and add-ons

Genre Comedy/Television, Television/Crime
Format NTSC
Contributor Petruta Kupper, John Ritter
Language English
Number Of Discs 3
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Frequently bought together

$26.99
Get it as soon as Friday, May 24
Only 18 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by T3 Family Movies and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$24.99
Get it as soon as Saturday, May 25
Only 6 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by T3 Family Movies and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
One of these items ships sooner than the other.
Choose items to buy together.

Product Description

"Available for the first time on DVD, the classic 80s TV series Hooperman stars John Ritter (TV s Three s Company) as plainclothes police detective Harry Hooperman. When he inherits a building from his former landlady, he also gains ownership of her dog, a feisty Jack Russell Terrier named Bijoux. Comedy and drama ensue in equal measure as Hooperman juggles the pressures of his job, his newfound pet, and a romantic entanglement with the building manager he hires. The series co-stars Barbara Bosson (TV s Hill Street Blues) and Felton Perry (RoboCop) and includes guest appearances (throughout the two-season run) by Don Cheadle (TV s House of Lies), Norman Fell (TV s Three s Company), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Barbara Rush (Bigger Than Life), David Paymer (Mr. Saturday Night), Joanna Kerns (TV s Growing Pains), Jane Leeves (TV s Frasier), Dan Lauria (TV s The Wonder Years), Lorna Luft (Grease 2) and Shannon Tweed (Hot Dog ... The Movie).

BONUS FEATURE: Poochinski pilot episode"

Product details

• Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 0.7 x 7.5 x 5.4 inches; 4.8 ounces
  • Director ‏ : ‎ Petruta Kupper
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ NTSC
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 7 hours
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ January 24, 2017
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ John Ritter
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ Olive Films
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B01N1FNASF
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 3
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 32 ratings

Customer reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
4.4 out of 5
32 global ratings

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2021
Entertainment
Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2018
Great comedy show. John Ritter is the best. Too bad it only lasted two seasons.
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on August 2, 2021
don't buy this item there is no Season1 for this box set the sound does not work well on disc 2 and you can not get a refund on the replacement item, if it has the same problem. so i am stuck with a unwatchable boxset i can not sell or give away.
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2017
What a great series. Done by such a tallented man. Taken away so soon from us all.
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2017
loved it
Reviewed in the United States on April 7, 2017
I am really enjoying this series. The DVDS I received have issues. The first DVD is constantly skipping. It makes watching the episodes very difficult. I am disappointed so far.
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2018
I received both Season 1 and 2 of Hooperman as a gift. I love the show but there are two major problems.

1. On a few episodes the sound keeps cutting out. The DVDs look fine so it must be a production or factory problem. The episodes are watchable but the sound issue became annoying.

2. Many of the episodes are out of airing order, which is very odd. For example, "Goodnight, Sweet Hooperman" was the final episode of the series, but it's number 17 (third from last episode) on the Season 2 discs. I can't find any good reason for this discrepancy. It also makes finding an episode almost impossible because the episode titles are not listed anywhere on the DVD packaging or the discs.

Both of these issues are present on BOTH SEASONS. I am glad to see the show finally available, but I wish the DVDs were better quality.

THE SHOW: Season 2 focuses more on the cop show aspect and reduces a lot of the quirkiness that made the show so unique. For example, we see much less of Bijoux the dog, the apartment building and its tenants, and Hooperman's romantic relationships/personal life. Near the end of Season 2 new characters (both fellow policeman) are introduced, so it's clear that had there been a Season 3 the producers wanted the show to become more of a middle-of-the-road cop show. Season 2 also seems to be heavier on the comedy than Season 1, though there are definitely dramatic moments. Still very enjoyable and worth watching.

[spoiler alert below]

Once Debrah Farentino left the show it lost some depth. Hooperman's and Susan's hot-and-cold relationship was one of the highlights of the show, but the writers painted themselves into a corner by getting her pregnant. It was refreshing to see Hooperman in a different setting away from the precinct and when Susan was eliminated the show lost a little something, I thought.
5 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Jo-Ann Jenson
5.0 out of 5 stars Hooperman season 2
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 28, 2022
Great quality 👌
Customer image
Jo-Ann Jenson
5.0 out of 5 stars Hooperman season 2
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 28, 2022
Great quality 👌
Images in this review