01-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
My hands are still shaking from anger. I purchased Life of Brain Blu Ray DVD 5.99 on sale. I take the disc out the dye and rings looked wrong. I Put it in anyways the disc didnt even make past the intro to DVD MEN before freezing.

Mind you , the nearest location for me is 32 miles. I decided to take it back.
I open the case show the guy Its defective. He looks at me then the disc says its a smudge, Uuuuh huh.. Now I m mad. I look at him and say ," Look I know the difference between a manufacture defect, A scratch, a smudge . "
His boss tells him to wipe it clean. Now I m furious! LOOK! Just because I m female you automatically assume I dont know a thing of DVDS or videos right!
I AM COLLEGE EDUCATED IN THIS FIELD . 10+ YRS I M ONE UP YOU ! NOW , I DIDNT TRAVEL 32 MILES WITH 5.99 DVD WHICH I WASTED IN MORE GAS TO GET HERE JUST TO BE TALK DOWN TO BY SOMEONE WHO DONT A THING ABOUT DVDS. SHALL I TELL YOU IN DETAIL HOW THESE LITTLE ROUND SHINY THINSG ARE MADE WHICH DYES ARE USED ! YOU PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS.

The manager say that comment was inappropriate
I replied , which part ? About being educated , having experience or being one up on his lack of intellect.

: The manager is standing behind this employee supporting this??
The part being one up on him.
Oooooh I see. So it is okay for the employee to speak down to customer who he assumed knew nothing at all. I THINK NOT! RegardLESS of who comes in here of any sex and age. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

The manager replies," He has a protocol to follow. '
Uh huh , No again you assumed you had someone who was clueless in these subjects you would just say it s a smudge and send me on my way. I THINK NOT. YOU RE EMPLOYEE SPOKE OUT OF LINE TO ME, THE CUSTOMER. I WILL NOT BE TALK DOWN TO BY A CHILD!
, Here's my RECEIPT DO YOUR DAMN JOB AND PERFORM A SIMPLE EXCHANGE THAT I CAME TO DO TO BEGIN WITH .

" Well I m not going to argue with you mam."
What is it you think you ve been doing for the last 5 minutes?"

All you had to do was scan the receipt , swap out the defective disc for new one . How hard is it that?

The youngster came back with my replacement. He wouldnt even look at me.
Handed me the disc. No I m sorry , No I apology for the inconvenience this may have caused you . What made me angry was the MANAGER was defending this ??? Going right along with this kind of poor customer service.

Honestly ! I obviously was not there for cash exchange? I wasted more in fuel than what i paid for the dvd . ( 2) You cant exchange dvds for cash rerturns anyway... So why would I travel 32 miles one way to make up a story that my dvd was bad

I am contacting the Corporate Office about this location .
What i really wanted to do was leap over the counter , grab him by the ears bash his face thusly about 15-20 times until much blood spew from his nose.
  01-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
His boss tells him to wipe it clean.
Yeah, he was ignoring you. So, for that, you should be pissed. I don't know about shaking mad ... did you have too much coffee? I'm just much calmer and cooler in these sorts of situations, very matter-of-fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp32 View Post
HOW THESE LITTLE ROUND SHINY THINSG ARE MADE WHICH DYES ARE USED
That would be hilarious were it not for the fact that pressed discs don't use dye.

Quote:
The manager say that comment was inappropriate
My response would have been along the lines of "being a dumbass also isn't appropriate, so I guess we're tied?" In general, I have zero respect for the dullard zombies that work at Best Buy. Same for Walmart. I avoid both stores as much as possible. Good employees happen at both, but are as rare as unicorns. I sometimes think they issue IQ tests to be hired, but the trick is that they only hire those that failed.

Quote:
I replied , which part ? About being educated , having experience or being one up on his lack of intellect.
Zing!

Quote:
THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.
Except when they're wrong.

Quote:
The manager replies," He has a protocol to follow. '
I'm envisioning a balding overweight grump following C3PO.

Quote:
I wasted more in fuel than what i paid for the dvd .
My reply? Amazon.com

Quote:
I am contacting the Corporate Office about this location .
It won't do any good. It'll just waste your time, and seemingly retain your over-the-top pissed-off state. I still think you had too much coffee. You're too wound.

Quote:
grab him by the ears bash his face thusly
Thusly? Alright, admit it, you learned that vocabulary from Sheldon, didn't you?
  01-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Gramma of CPS

LS I know they were pressed. ( smart *** ) I figured the introductory course would of been enough to win the argument. No, no coffee . I was actually drinking green tea I m normally very soft spoken , nice, diplomatic about situations. It takes a lot to make me that mad. He "Pressed" the right button made she hullk angry , SMASH LITTLE MAN THUSLY
  02-07-2017, 02:38 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
LOL!! I love you two! I don't understand all the techie-ness but I get such a kick out of your conversations like this! You brighten my day! Thanks!

(But cp32...I sincerely do feel your pain about this!)
  02-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Gramma of CPS

He makes me laugh too lol.