Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-07-2017, 04:42 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
FOOLS! Invader Zim Returns To Nickelodeon To Unleash DOOM!

FILTHY HUMANS! Your pathetic attempt to hold back the unstoppable force that is ZIM has FAILED! For the ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY has reported that my glorious plan has SUCCEEDED and I will be returning to Nickelodeon’s outer orbit soon with my own MADE FOR TELEVISION FEATURE FEATURE! Yes, I’ve been biding my time in the corners of Hot Topic outlets ever since my temporary defeat plotting my diabolical scheme AND ONCE YOU SEE THE SCHEME your BOWELS WILL EXPLODE like A THOUSAND RADIOACTIVE MOOSES! Once I arrive I will wreak vengeance upon the PATHETIC establishment that sprung up in my absence! ZIM will CRUSH your PANTED SPONGES and your HOUSES OF LOUD and ALL WHO STAND IN HIS WAY! GIR! DROP MY MICROPHONE!

“Oooooooo, shinyyyyyy.”

Okay, okay….LISTEN, everybody! This is Dib! I’ve gained control of this webpage with my father’s radio-frequency jamming equipment! DO NOT LISTEN to what you’ve just heard, and DO NOT WATCH this movie! It’s a TRAP! EW says Richard Horvitz, Rikki Simons, Andy Berman, and Melissa Fahn are all returning for Zim’s special…those have GOT to be extra-terrestrial names! Zim isn’t human at all! He’s an ALIEN CREATURE! I have proof! I can’t show you because this is all text but IT’S RIGHT HERE! I——

This is Gaz. Dib is a moron. Signing off.

UPDATE: Check out Nickelodeon’s official press release for more FILTHY details including the confirmation of series creator Jhonen Vasquez!

Invader Zim Returns to Nickelodeon in All-New Original TV Movie Based
On Fan-Favorite Animated Series
Creator Jhonen Vasquez Serves as Executive Producer, Original Voice Cast
to Reprise Their Roles
Burbank, Calif.–April 4, 2017–Nickelodeon officially announced today the greenlight for an all-new, 90-minute Invader Zim TV movie from original creator Jhonen Vasquez, marking the network’s third animated property from its rich library of content to be reimagined for today’s audience. The 2D-animated TV movie, produced by Nickelodeon in Burbank, will show the latest and greatest ridiculous attempt at world domination by the universe’s worst alien invader ever. The movie will also feature original voices from the fan-favorite television series.

“As a network that prides itself on a 25-year history of creating groundbreaking, hilarious animation for kids, Invader Zim is one of our great loves. It’s been so exciting to see its popularity grow over the last decade through social media, consumer products and the Zim comic books,” said Chris Viscardi, SVP, Content Development and Production, Animation, Nickelodeon. “What makes this announcement extra thrilling is the adventure that Jhonen has created for Zim, and I can promise you that it is as wonderfully absurd and strangely heartfelt as any fan of the original series could hope for, and kids seeing it for the first time will love it too.”

The Invader Zim TV movie follows the perpetually desperate and delusional Zim as he creates a new and potentially Earth-destroying plan to finally get the attention he deserves from his Irken leaders, the Almighty Tallest.

Original voice cast members reprising their roles include: Richard Horvitz as Invader Zim; Rosearik Rikki Simons as GIR, Zim’s insane robot sidekick; Andy Berman as Dib Membrane, junior paranormal investigator and Zim’s alien-obsessed human nemesis; and Melissa Fahn as Gaz Membrane, Dib’s younger, video game obsessed sister. Additional casting will be announced in the coming months.

Invader Zim debuted on Nickelodeon in 2001 and chronicled the efforts of an extraterrestrial named Zim on a mission to conquer Earth and enslave the human race.

Invader Zim joins the previously announced TV movie Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie and Rocko’s Modern Life TV special, which are both currently in production. Coming in 2017, Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie, will feature a storyline picking up from where the original series ended in 2004, resolving unanswered questions and plotlines, including Arnold finally getting answers about the whereabouts of his missing parents. The Rocko’s Modern Life TV special will bring back all the show’s classic characters and offer some surprising new takes on life in O-Town.

Nickelodeon, now in its 38th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated kids’ basic cable network for 22 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).