Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Select delivery location

Dark Matter: Season Two [Blu-ray]

4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 547 ratings
IMDb7.5/10.0

Watch Instantly with Per Episode Buy Season
Genre Science Fiction & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure
Format Widescreen, NTSC, Subtitled
Contributor Various
Language English
Number Of Discs 3

Product Description

The Raza crew returns in Dark Matter Season 2! In the aftermath of betrayal, things have changed for the crew of the Raza. They find themselves split up—imprisoned or sent on the course of a new life. But with so many words unsaid and so much left to do, will fate bring them back together? With new allies and a dangerous new enemy, adventure waits for this crew, they just have to find their way.

Product details

• Aspect Ratio ‏ : ‎ 1.78:1
  • Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ No
  • MPAA rating ‏ : ‎ NR (Not Rated)
  • Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 0.7 x 7.5 x 5.4 inches; 3.17 ounces
  • Director ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ Widescreen, NTSC, Subtitled
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 9 hours and 20 minutes
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ June 13, 2017
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English (Dolby TrueHD 5.1)
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ Giant Ape
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B06XS32FXH
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 3
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 547 ratings

Customer reviews

4.6 out of 5 stars
4.6 out of 5
547 global ratings
"And if the truth could start a corporate war?"
4 Stars
"And if the truth could start a corporate war?"
* May contain spoilers if you are a fragile soul *The crew awakens to find themselves prisoners on the Hyperion-8 Maximum Security Galactic Detention Facility. My first thought was "Please, not a whole season on a penal colony!" (Black Is the New Orange?) Thankfully this is not the case (I've watched the first three episodes). Cool stuff about space prison: [1] solitary confinement units have a holodeck; however, they are programmed by a mean-spirited guard; [2] actually, there is nothing else cool about space prison, maybe except that it's unisex.So far, one of the best aspects of season 2 is the list of guest or recurring actors. Here's a taste:- Trenna Keating, who you probably won't recognize even if you're a Defiance fan since she wore prosthetics (she was golf ball head Doc Yewll).- Mike Dopud: Continuum, SGU, etc. etc. he's been on like every sci-fi TV show coming out of Canada for the past decade.- Ellen Wong, who gets into a well choreographed samurai sword fight with you know who.- Character actor Carlo Rota (love that guy!) as the slimy prison warden.- Torri Higginson! Dr. Elizabeth Weir... yes, this is really starting to feel like a Canadian sci-fi reunion.- Inga Cadranel: Hey, it's Lost Girl's mom, Aife! Judging by her executive attitude, excessive cleavage reveal, and tough talk, in season 2 of Dark Matter she's like a mobster boss or something.- Kris Holden-Ried: former fae cop is now a Galactic Authority space cop (Kris, Zoie, Anthony, Inga: Lost Girl reunion!)- The Falling Skies character Anthony (2011-2015) shows up on the Raza for a ride.- Canadian vampire Lucien LaCroix (Nigel Bennett of Forever Knight) shows up as to cause problems.- Franka Potente as Chief Inspector Shaddick. You may recognize her as Marie in The Bourne Trilogy, Lola in Run Lola Run, Anne Frank in American Horror Story Season 2, and Eva Hessein of Copper.Season 2 is about doing the impossible: taking the fight to the corporations ...wish it would happen in this century...# Progress #Episode 4: the backstory starts to heat back up, plus we meet other androids besides Seven.Episode 5: "What does a girl have to do to get arrested around here?" That scene makes me giggle just thinking about it -- not to be missed!Other than maybe Odyssey 5, Dark Matter is the best Toronto sci-fi production yet!
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2024
Really good space drama
Reviewed in the United States on October 8, 2016
The most criminal thing about this show is how underrated and casually dismissed it is. It is NOT a knockoff of Firefly or whatever else you may have heard. I could maybe call it a cross between Firefly and Game of Thrones, but even that doesn't quite sum it up.

The show is more evolutionary than revolutionary but it is well-crafted and paced. Seasons are short but story arcs are tight, all killer, no filler.

There are some interesting things about the setting that really speak to the zeitgeist of our times, and the show has moments of poignant introspection and emotion. It even waxes philosophical from time to time about big questions like "Can people change?" and what it means to be human. It is certainly not as pensive as Babylon 5 or Star Trek, but if we're watching the characters catch their breath, there's a reason for that.

And, as I always say, it is the characters that make a story like this so powerful, energetic, and relentlessly entertaining. They are not just constructed from pieces of fanservice. They are nuanced and believable. Their Heel-Face Turns are not neatly wrapped up in one episode. These are deeply flawed, damaged people genuinely struggling to do the right thing or simply to survive. And they are bursting with charisma. Mallozzi's faceless mooks are more interesting and believable than the average writer's protagonists. When we see these compelling characters played by excellent actors we can't help but care about them and their struggles.

Which brings me to my last point. Mallozzi's first order of business was to throw the Idiot Ball out the airlock, jettison it into space, then blast it into tiny bits of awfulness. I have NEVER once seen any character on this show do something against their nature or just plain stupid just because the plot demanded it. Not even the extras or the villains. Oh, there have been times when people have done something stupid, but because they were blinded by greed, deceived, or that's just who they were.
10 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on October 1, 2016
Yes I do agree with some the plot line are somewhat predictable but.. its still great acting! I mean the characters make the story no matter how predictable it is, so its pretty awesome and on top of that its well organized and not everywhere like some other shows... Its easy to follow and fun and the ending of the season was spectacular. Spoiler: Ironic just speaking of predictions... I see that the plots tends to kill off the cool cats as well, which makes it intriguing to see who dies next kind of deal. I did catch a deliberate mistake??? A line that went something like this... "blow up in the sky"... technically its blown up in space but sure.. from planet view yea I guess haha
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2023
I could have done without all the female superiority nonsense, but other than that it was well done and entertaining.
Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2016
Love this show and always look forward to seeing the next episode. Great stories and characters and I'm very happy that it has been renewed for season 3.

However, my biggest complaint isn't with the show but with Amazon Prime itself. For the past two weeks, they have been very slow in releasing the latest episodes. Episodes 11 and 12 (9/9/2016) as well as episode 13 the season 2 finale (9/16/2016) for example. I've checked iTunes and Google Play and they both had these episodes available in under 24 hours after they were broadcast. As of this review it's been over 40 hours since the episode aired and still no episode 13 (same issue for episodes 11 and 12). I'm beginning to think that I should buy season 3 from either iTunes or Google Play if I don't want to wait for nearly 2 days to see an episode. Also had the same issue with Amazon Prime releasing episodes of Killjoys as well. Get on the ball Amazon!
15 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2018
Okay, so it's not "The Expanse " ! But what else is, or even comes close to the greatest sci-fi series of all time? DM is a very good series: great cast and character development interspersed with some humour and very funny lines ! My favorite one was this: "Does anyone want to go see a movie tonight? Its Star Trek 36 in VR." I really loved the scenes where a coldly logical Spock-like Android becomes jealous of a totally hot "Entertainment" Android ! DM "might" start slowly, but it quickly ramps up and sticks to you like a glob of proto molecule. Buy it, Watch it, Enjoy it! But if you're a hopeless Mr. Sobersides having an attack of the vapors unless you're seeing absolutely correct science, go watch some documentaries instead of DM.
4 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2017
This is a good sci-fi show. It started slow but the premise is good and the actors are good. It's developing a solid fan base that is eagerly expecting the arrival of Season 3. Basically what this show and similar shows lack is enough episodes to satisfy the audience. The writing is solid and there is so much potential for a blockbuster show but you never can tell how long these type of shows will last. Better than the slickly-produced The Expanse in my opinion because the actors on this show are so much better and their characters more interesting. The Killjoys is similar to this one but this show has the android and it's nothing like Data. I hope they put more money into it for Season 3 and have more episodes.
Reviewed in the United States on October 30, 2016
One of the better serials of 2015 - 2016. Unpredictable, rich plot. Capable actors, and good directing. It would help if more characters would get developed without losing themselves in the process. It worked well with the ship android, and 3. Hope 2 and 6 would join the company soon. The 5 is by far the best. One sucked, no regrets in losing him.

Would wish the ass-kicking gal - time predictor stay as an alter ego of 2.

Also, I would suggest introducing some major developments to their situation - they could become, for example, a head of an uprising to overturn the rule of monopolies, they could establish their own world where they'd rule behind the scenes with the help of 4 or something along those lines.

Watch it - good sci-fi stuff!
2 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
Henning
5.0 out of 5 stars Supi!
Reviewed in Germany on March 12, 2024
Wurde prompt und in gutem Zustand geliefert.
Vintagegirl13
5.0 out of 5 stars I love Dark Matter
Reviewed in Canada on February 6, 2018
I love Dark Matter, one of the best sci fi shows I've seen, it's gorgeous to look at, fantastic costumes, and razor sharp writing make this a must see for any genre fan. Diverse, sexy, and funny, This show sadly got cancelled after only three seasons, but became a cult hit with a devoted fan base. Definitely a wonderful addition to a sci-fi and fantasy collection. Highly recommended!
Thomas L.
5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Matter - leider zu kurz
Reviewed in Germany on July 17, 2023
Für mich als Filmfan ein Stück mehr in meiner Sammlung, Qualität in Bild und Ton sehr gut
Michel Grandmont
5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Canadian TV show!
Reviewed in Canada on October 25, 2017
Very interesting series. So sad I read it was cancelled. There were still so many avenues to explore. Highly recommended! Another great Canadian TV show!
Amazon Customer
4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Matter: Season Two [Blu-ray]
Reviewed in Canada on June 19, 2021
Great series to bad they cancelled after season 3.