06-18-2017, 07:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Hello: My DVD Flick program stops processing when it reaches 'Author DVD' and gives the message "Delete file failed, code 5 access is denied.
I tried back dating my computer (I forget the proper term) and ran the program again but no success. So I installed DvDflick again and this time I was able to successfully burn a disc. But a few days later on my second attempt, I got the same error message when it reached 'Author DVD'.
Can anyone assist a not too tech savvy lost soul?
  06-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Bartending Champion
Stats: 582 posts since Jun 2013
hey james

what programs do you have running while you are using dvd flick?
  06-19-2017, 05:29 AM

Verified Member

to my knowledge, I don't think I run any other programs while running DVDFlick. But if you suggest it, perhaps I am running something without being aware of it? I see my desktop and click on DVDFlick. Then pick the show I want to burn to disc from my list of shows I have stored. Then choose my settings for the burn and run. That is what I usually do.
  06-19-2017, 05:33 AM

Try rebooting and take a screenshot of your desktop with no other programs opened.

Then open your task manager and snap a pic
  06-19-2017, 06:04 AM

Verified Member

I guess this will frustrate you because it sounds so simple but "a screenshot" and "snap a pic" ? I don't know how. Or at least I don't THINK I know how. But I will try.
  06-19-2017, 06:27 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I use this for screenshots: http://getgreenshot.org/
  06-19-2017, 06:54 AM

Verified Member

Thank you for Greenshots (screenshots?). I downloaded successfully and followed your instructions and took a shot of the open window in task manager. I stored it in my Pictures file. How I get that to you I don't know. I apologize for my lack of skills in this field. But I try.
  06-19-2017, 07:59 AM

You can email them to me james , ill send you a pm with my email
  04-19-2018, 05:41 PM

Verified Member

I owe you an apology. I thought I better take the ink cartridge in to have it checked just in case. I'm sure it was fine but I'll have it checked by the guy who refills them and sure enough, it was empty. It just happened to run out precisely after I had changed the print settings. So my mistake and I'm sorry to have bothered you with it. Oddly enough, I brought home the refilled cartridge and put it in the printer and black ink came out just fine. Hooray. But then after printing some documents, I tried printing a colour image and it appears I've run out of colour ... right AFTER I went to the refill guy ! Just bad luck. Anyway, thank you for your time and efforts in assisting me. I do appreciate it.
The following users thank James Langford for this useful post: lordsmurf (06-18-2018)