$18.49
FREE delivery Tuesday, May 21 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35
Ships from: Amazon.com
Sold by: Amazon.com
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
Or fastest delivery Thursday, May 16. Order within 11 hrs 10 mins
Only 10 left in stock - order soon.
$$18.49 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$18.49
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.
Ships from
Amazon.com
Ships from
Amazon.com
Sold by
Amazon.com
Sold by
Amazon.com
Returns
30-day easy returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Returns
30-day easy returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Payment
Secure transaction
Your transaction is secure
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
Payment
Secure transaction
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
$$18.49 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$18.49
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.

Doctor Blake: Season Four (DVD)

4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 301 ratings

$18.49 with 24 percent savings
Typical price: $24.17

This is determined using the 90-day median price paid by customers for the product on Amazon. We exclude prices paid by customers for the product during a limited time deal.
Learn more
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime
FREE Returns
Additional DVD options Edition Discs
Price
New from Used from
DVD
January 16, 2018
$18.49
$18.49 $6.50
{"desktop_buybox_group_1":[{"displayPrice":"$18.49","priceAmount":18.49,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"18","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"49","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"CySqRaFC870k0OgLTZ6Ud55rJ247Tst7jL%2FXryGbc9IEZ%2Fb2YL03Y2R0yVN1jTTpKdrSusnxwC8mXhHumTKIrPSdjnyK15d%2BIiTz4yDFTdal5MITFyxrT5ETQWxvykliDnHNXcds14%2FvPeG%2BLnpWHQ%3D%3D","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":0}, {"displayPrice":"$9.99","priceAmount":9.99,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"9","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"99","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"CySqRaFC870k0OgLTZ6Ud55rJ247Tst7MBgANX8h38qLlZroI9u%2Figrd0jqxD0CyTcJmy1v57iC7BrZEMgHj%2BX75MsZ4sM35ynA1t15chd3QSBKndkYC4lz7tFvlgd7sIjJtom1%2F1HhRwRNzGIEWWjO%2FZzYKprllk0JgZGgkKig4kBSkzyhUcZy48gF1dtcM","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":1}]}

Purchase options and add-ons

Genre Drama
Format DVD, NTSC
Contributor Various
Language English
Number Of Discs 2
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Frequently bought together

$18.49
Get it as soon as Tuesday, May 21
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
+
$30.32
In Stock
+
$26.48
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
Some of these items ship sooner than the others.
Choose items to buy together.

Product Description

Doctor Blake: Season Four (DVD)

Australian Second World War veteran Doctor Lucien Blake returns home to Ballarat after 30 years to take over the local medical practice and solve crimes. In this eight-part series, we see life has changed for Doctor Lucien Blake (Craig McLachlan). His co-conspirator, Lawson, was fired from Ballarat; his emotional embrace with Jean has changed life in the house; and a new arrival threatens his tenure. None of this compares to the discovery of the dark truth of his mother’s death.

]]>

Product details

• Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ No
  • MPAA rating ‏ : ‎ NR (Not Rated)
  • Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 0.7 x 7.5 x 5.4 inches; 5.12 ounces
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ doctor-blake-mysteries-season-four
  • Director ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ DVD, NTSC
  • Run time ‏ : ‎ 8 hours
  • Release date ‏ : ‎ January 16, 2018
  • Actors ‏ : ‎ Various
  • Dubbed: ‏ : ‎ English
  • Studio ‏ : ‎ Studio Distribution Services
  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B071Z7MJLL
  • Country of Origin ‏ : ‎ USA
  • Number of discs ‏ : ‎ 2
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 301 ratings

Customer reviews

4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 out of 5
301 global ratings
More Great Australian Murder Mysteries!
5 Stars
More Great Australian Murder Mysteries!
Once more, police surgeon Doctor Lucien Blake finds himself uncovering murderers. He has a good supporting cast helping or hindering him, as the case may be. I particularly like Alice Harvey, the Russian-born pathologist with whom he works closely. At one autopsy, she asks him, "Are you all right? You don't seem yourself. You've barely said a word, to me or him." She's referring to Blake's habit of talking respectfully to the murder victims.The series sometimes strays into the unrealistic, such as Lucien breaking & entering to find clues. But it has always been like that and it is a small irritant, not enough to affect my enjoyment of the mysteries.Speaking of enjoyment, at the end of episode 3 there is a huge surprise for the audience. But not as big of a surprise as it is for Lucien, who opens his door and stands there in shock with his mouth open.....1..."The Open Road" Ballaret is hosting a stage of the 1960 Red Australia Trial, a motor rally whose winners may go on to further glory in the Nationals. Dirty tricks abound, such as leaving a fire cracker to stir up the dust and obscure the view on a sharp curve. But can a dirty trick include murder?....2..."Golden Years" The Foster brothers announce a new development, Goldrush Park. Not everyone is happy about it. Someone is murderously unhappy.....3..."Lucky Numbers" Ten year-old Elizabeth Chapman gives her Mummy a kiss and heads off to school. She less than a block away when she realizes she forgot her lunch on the kitchen table. She rushes back to the kitchen to find broken plates and a bloody knife of the kitchen floor. And her mother no where to be seen.....4..."Against the Odds" It's in the early morning hours, and Alexander Martin is exercising a horse at the track. He comes galloping down the straight when he is flung of his horse to his death. As his aunt tells Blake, "What experienced rider falls on a training run?"....5..."The Place of Love" At midnight a man runs through the woods of the Hayes Military Base outside of Ballaret. It's Lance Corporal Mervyn Rogers, but he's in civvies and running right through the middle of tactical night maneuvers. But they use only blanks on maneuvers. Don't they?....6..."A Difficult Lie" Local mogul Patrick Tyneman is playing golf with the new Chief Superintendent when they find a bloodied body in a bunker. Definitely a bad lie.Keep your eyes peeled for the kangaroos on the golf course!....7..."For Whom the Bell Tolls" Ballaret has a volunteer fire service. The firehouse has a bell tower and it is rung to call the volunteers when needed. One night, the bell rings, and Rod Drury rushes over to find no one else there. Well, no one but a murderer.....8..."The Visible World" Special glasses all around to view a solar eclipse. The Ballaret Observatory opens its doors and there's a murder. I must say, the rationale given for the bad guy's urge to murder doesn't seem realistic to me. Unless, he wasn't the murderer.Season 4 of "Doctor Blake" totals 472 minutes for the 8 episodes. If you buy it on disc, it has English SDH subtitles available and no bonus features.At the beginning of this season, we say goodbye to Mattie, the cheerful district nurse who boards at Blake's. She's taken a job in London, and who would want to hold her back. Now it's just Lucien and Jean in the house.Happy Reader
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2018
Once more, police surgeon Doctor Lucien Blake finds himself uncovering murderers. He has a good supporting cast helping or hindering him, as the case may be. I particularly like Alice Harvey, the Russian-born pathologist with whom he works closely. At one autopsy, she asks him, "Are you all right? You don't seem yourself. You've barely said a word, to me or him." She's referring to Blake's habit of talking respectfully to the murder victims.

The series sometimes strays into the unrealistic, such as Lucien breaking & entering to find clues. But it has always been like that and it is a small irritant, not enough to affect my enjoyment of the mysteries.

Speaking of enjoyment, at the end of episode 3 there is a huge surprise for the audience. But not as big of a surprise as it is for Lucien, who opens his door and stands there in shock with his mouth open.

....1..."The Open Road" Ballaret is hosting a stage of the 1960 Red Australia Trial, a motor rally whose winners may go on to further glory in the Nationals. Dirty tricks abound, such as leaving a fire cracker to stir up the dust and obscure the view on a sharp curve. But can a dirty trick include murder?
....2..."Golden Years" The Foster brothers announce a new development, Goldrush Park. Not everyone is happy about it. Someone is murderously unhappy.
....3..."Lucky Numbers" Ten year-old Elizabeth Chapman gives her Mummy a kiss and heads off to school. She less than a block away when she realizes she forgot her lunch on the kitchen table. She rushes back to the kitchen to find broken plates and a bloody knife of the kitchen floor. And her mother no where to be seen.
....4..."Against the Odds" It's in the early morning hours, and Alexander Martin is exercising a horse at the track. He comes galloping down the straight when he is flung of his horse to his death. As his aunt tells Blake, "What experienced rider falls on a training run?"
....5..."The Place of Love" At midnight a man runs through the woods of the Hayes Military Base outside of Ballaret. It's Lance Corporal Mervyn Rogers, but he's in civvies and running right through the middle of tactical night maneuvers. But they use only blanks on maneuvers. Don't they?
....6..."A Difficult Lie" Local mogul Patrick Tyneman is playing golf with the new Chief Superintendent when they find a bloodied body in a bunker. Definitely a bad lie.
Keep your eyes peeled for the kangaroos on the golf course!
....7..."For Whom the Bell Tolls" Ballaret has a volunteer fire service. The firehouse has a bell tower and it is rung to call the volunteers when needed. One night, the bell rings, and Rod Drury rushes over to find no one else there. Well, no one but a murderer.
....8..."The Visible World" Special glasses all around to view a solar eclipse. The Ballaret Observatory opens its doors and there's a murder. I must say, the rationale given for the bad guy's urge to murder doesn't seem realistic to me. Unless, he wasn't the murderer.

Season 4 of "Doctor Blake" totals 472 minutes for the 8 episodes. If you buy it on disc, it has English SDH subtitles available and no bonus features.

At the beginning of this season, we say goodbye to Mattie, the cheerful district nurse who boards at Blake's. She's taken a job in London, and who would want to hold her back. Now it's just Lucien and Jean in the house.

Happy Reader
Customer image
5.0 out of 5 stars More Great Australian Murder Mysteries!
Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2018
Once more, police surgeon Doctor Lucien Blake finds himself uncovering murderers. He has a good supporting cast helping or hindering him, as the case may be. I particularly like Alice Harvey, the Russian-born pathologist with whom he works closely. At one autopsy, she asks him, "Are you all right? You don't seem yourself. You've barely said a word, to me or him." She's referring to Blake's habit of talking respectfully to the murder victims.

The series sometimes strays into the unrealistic, such as Lucien breaking & entering to find clues. But it has always been like that and it is a small irritant, not enough to affect my enjoyment of the mysteries.

Speaking of enjoyment, at the end of episode 3 there is a huge surprise for the audience. But not as big of a surprise as it is for Lucien, who opens his door and stands there in shock with his mouth open.

....1..."The Open Road" Ballaret is hosting a stage of the 1960 Red Australia Trial, a motor rally whose winners may go on to further glory in the Nationals. Dirty tricks abound, such as leaving a fire cracker to stir up the dust and obscure the view on a sharp curve. But can a dirty trick include murder?
....2..."Golden Years" The Foster brothers announce a new development, Goldrush Park. Not everyone is happy about it. Someone is murderously unhappy.
....3..."Lucky Numbers" Ten year-old Elizabeth Chapman gives her Mummy a kiss and heads off to school. She less than a block away when she realizes she forgot her lunch on the kitchen table. She rushes back to the kitchen to find broken plates and a bloody knife of the kitchen floor. And her mother no where to be seen.
....4..."Against the Odds" It's in the early morning hours, and Alexander Martin is exercising a horse at the track. He comes galloping down the straight when he is flung of his horse to his death. As his aunt tells Blake, "What experienced rider falls on a training run?"
....5..."The Place of Love" At midnight a man runs through the woods of the Hayes Military Base outside of Ballaret. It's Lance Corporal Mervyn Rogers, but he's in civvies and running right through the middle of tactical night maneuvers. But they use only blanks on maneuvers. Don't they?
....6..."A Difficult Lie" Local mogul Patrick Tyneman is playing golf with the new Chief Superintendent when they find a bloodied body in a bunker. Definitely a bad lie.
Keep your eyes peeled for the kangaroos on the golf course!
....7..."For Whom the Bell Tolls" Ballaret has a volunteer fire service. The firehouse has a bell tower and it is rung to call the volunteers when needed. One night, the bell rings, and Rod Drury rushes over to find no one else there. Well, no one but a murderer.
....8..."The Visible World" Special glasses all around to view a solar eclipse. The Ballaret Observatory opens its doors and there's a murder. I must say, the rationale given for the bad guy's urge to murder doesn't seem realistic to me. Unless, he wasn't the murderer.

Season 4 of "Doctor Blake" totals 472 minutes for the 8 episodes. If you buy it on disc, it has English SDH subtitles available and no bonus features.

At the beginning of this season, we say goodbye to Mattie, the cheerful district nurse who boards at Blake's. She's taken a job in London, and who would want to hold her back. Now it's just Lucien and Jean in the house.

Happy Reader
Images in this review
Customer image Customer image
Customer imageCustomer image
8 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2018
An astoundingly GOOD mystery series, with complex and very human characters. The doctor works for the local police in a 1960 Australian force in a small town, so the number of murders he encounters makes more sense than other murder mysteries, where belief must be suspended as to the frequency of the murders he encounters. What makes this series so special and riveting is the PERSONAL and tormented side of the lead character as well as the supporting characters who surround him. A fallible, brilliant and moral soul, with high personal standards of conduct, Dr. Blake is fortunate enough to be surrounded by others who respect and even love him, despite, or perhaps, because of, his all too human flaws. American versions go from seasons one thru four...I am going to get season five, the last of the series, to try to watch the last season of this show: it is that good. If I can't watch it in its non-USA format on my compuer's dvd player, I will search amazon for a player which is compatible, as one other reviewer has said is to be found here on amazon. The storyline is THAT good. I found this series on PBS, which I will support...and am only sad to now that this series was discontinued after season five. It is like a wonderful movie to watch each season, and I hope that the makers of the show might reconsider and keep it going if worldwide attention is given to it. I am anxious to see how the series ends. The last episode of season four, not yet shown here in the US, was worth the price of the entire set of dvds! Admirably done! Ten stars for this series and all of its actors! I DO hope they change their minds and continue the series and let us see ti over here in the US.
5 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2019
At the time of this review this set could be had by buying sets 1-4 of The Doctor Blake Mysteries as a bundle. Well worth the $60 asking. There is also season five available, another must own as it has 8 episodes plus a feature-length extra episode. I wholeheartedly recommended owning all five seasons on DVD. Will there be more to come? The fans await the decision.
This is as good as any Aussie drama, and comes with mystery and humor as well. A well-rounded period drama set in the late 1950's to early 60s in southern Australia. Excellent writing, characters, and acting.
All seasons have SDH SUBTITLES.
Here's some photos to tease you with; hope you find them "HELPFUL."
Customer image
5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Austrailian series of mystery, drama, and humor
Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2019
At the time of this review this set could be had by buying sets 1-4 of The Doctor Blake Mysteries as a bundle. Well worth the $60 asking. There is also season five available, another must own as it has 8 episodes plus a feature-length extra episode. I wholeheartedly recommended owning all five seasons on DVD. Will there be more to come? The fans await the decision.
This is as good as any Aussie drama, and comes with mystery and humor as well. A well-rounded period drama set in the late 1950's to early 60s in southern Australia. Excellent writing, characters, and acting.
All seasons have SDH SUBTITLES.
Here's some photos to tease you with; hope you find them "HELPFUL."
Images in this review
Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2022
Enjoyable series. Good acting. Good depiction of the "norms" of the time period - biases, police brutality, etc. May disturb some watchers, but trueness of that era is enlightening.
Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2018
I had hoped Season 4 would resolve the budding love affair, but a huge complication interfered. I guess I'll have to wait for Season 5.
Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2018
DR . BLAKE IS A POLICE SURGEON IN AUSTRALIA. HE IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE TRUTH AND FINDS IT. MUCH TO THE CHAGRIN OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. NEEEDLESS TO SAY HE ALWAYS GETS TO THE TRUTH. I WAS GLAD TO SEE THAT SEASON 4 WAS AVAILABLE ON DVD. IF YOU LIKE A GOOD MYSTERY YOU WILL DEFINATELY LIKE THIS SERIES.
Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2018
I’m an American but I love this series. I haven’t seen all 8 episodes yet of series 4 so I’m forcing myself to watch only 1 a week so it will last longer. As always all the characters are interesting, well drawn out by the cast. But I’ve heard that the show may have been canceled. I hope not.
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2018
I love this series! I watched the first three seasons on Netflix, and then bought season four from Amazon. It was a very good season, and I am looking forward to season five coming out in January. You should probably watch the seasons in order to get the full benefit of the continuing story.

Top reviews from other countries

NGreen
5.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Reviewed in Canada on October 11, 2022
Not my cup of tea for entertainment
Lori T
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mysteries
Reviewed in Canada on December 29, 2018
There are 8 one hour episodes in this series. The stories are well-written and the acting is very good. The series is about an Australian doctor who assists the police in solving murders in a small town in the 1960's. The characters are well-developed and believable. Each mystery is very entertaining and most have some unexpected twists. If you like the BBC mystery series, you might want to see this.
Kathleen
5.0 out of 5 stars Series great watch
Reviewed in Canada on December 29, 2018
The series continued with the same enjoyment as the previous ones, but with the added excitement of the romance between the Doctor and Jean until his wife who had been missing and presumed dead shows up. It all turns out great in the end and I am looking forward to season # 5
mcbarbara
5.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery series
Reviewed in Canada on February 2, 2018
We love this series. It is about a doctor who returns to his hometown after the war to practice during the late forties and early fifties. It was filmed in Australia and unfortunately it has very few episodes per season but each one is a gem.
There is a fifth series and we are hoping they release it soon.
Dr. P. Phillips
5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better
Reviewed in Canada on February 4, 2018
A great series that just keeps getting better. Dr. Blake shows his intuitive investigating skills and solves very difficult cases that apparently stifle police. But it's great fun and his reliance on Jean Beasley is tender and endears you to the characters. Lots of fun.