Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

12-31-2017, 05:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
Hi guys,

back after a long hiatus.

Anyone catch the doctor who xmas special? Bit self indulgent for my liking.

Doctor who is now a woman, will wait and see if any good but initial thoughts are liberalism gone mad.

Just waiting on the next James Bond casting to be a woman too
  01-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's so nice to see our oldest members return.

I was really excited to see the 1st doctor meet than 11th, but was really disappointed at the weak story. It was really nothing more than a longer version of the "I don't want to die" ending that we had with the 10th (Tennant). But less interesting.

The return of Bill was shoehorned in, zero point to it. (I was wholly disappoint by her "happy ending" demise at the end of Series 10, instead of simply showing how the doctor's companions don't always get a happy ending. In fact, most don't, especially due to Moffat's writing.)

I'll accept a female doctor as soon as little girls accept hairy overweight men being Disney princesses. I'm not opposed to, for example, Sherlock Holmes sidesick John Watson becoming the Asian female Joan Watson on Elementary. But you don't make Sherlock a black gay man, or a woman, or something. Go make a new character, don't screw up the one we already have!
  01-31-2018, 08:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 8 posts since Jul 2017
Personally, I am looking forward to the new series. Don’t get me wrong, I am going to miss Capaldi (he was one of my favourites, although I think his tenure suffered from some below par writing), but with Moffatt gone I am hoping the scripts will improve. If they do I am willing to keep an open mind. I can’t imagine I could possibly dislike the new doctor as much as I did Matt Smith.