Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-23-2018, 09:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 64 posts since Nov 2009
Just curious. This past Sunday, Madam Secretary's season finale didn't start on time. DirecTV's sked had it starting at 9, but the previous show (NCIS?) ran for about another half hour or so. So, of course, I only recorded half the show. I expect it'll be repeated at some point, so I'll be able to get back up to speed eventually, but does anyone know why this happened? And was it only out here on the West Coast?
  06-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
If you still need this, I can probably acquire the episode.

Broadcasting is rife with errors. Just a fact of life when working in broadcast studios. It's a fast paced environment, made worse in the past 2 decades by going digital-only. It's often more tech than video.
  07-05-2018, 06:30 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 64 posts since Nov 2009
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I just saw your note! I appreciate you taking the time. I'm going to wait to see if they repeat this episode before the new season starts. If it doesn't appear, then I'll start looking in earnest.