Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

06-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
Hey guys and gals. I just got a new computer with NVIDIA CUDA and TMGEnc Mastering Works 5, and TMGEnc Authoring works 6. Here is my problem. I’m having trouble encoding; every time I try to export it says there is an error and wont work. Failure to launch encoder it says. I’ve never worked with a CUDA graphics card before so I’m getting lost. I did get it to export once but for some reason it quit. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled several times with no luck as well have played with the settings if anyone has any ideas let me know. I have a few projects I want to work on!
  06-18-2018, 04:16 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
GPU video encoding is not what you think it is. The CPU still handles most of the load, while only certain processes are offload to the GPU.

In recent times, I think only HVEC/H.265 is really seeing any benefit from it.
  06-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
its an intel quadcore I5