03-19-2006, 08:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I know that there are some wrestling fans on this board. There are two weeks of WWE tv left to convince me to cough up 50 bucks for this show. I've ordered every Wrestlemania since 2 when it aired live(only reason 1 wasn't live was they aired it a month and a half later and PPV was too new for that).

The Hall of Fame stuff sounds a helluva lot more interesting that the actual show itself. The whole card is pretty blah. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin will be inducting people instead of actually wrestling on the show.

I guess at this point in time I need more sizzle than what's being offered. No dream match this year. Triple H in another main event against John Cena(probably the only guy Triple H will get more cheers for and worse Cena will get booed and he's the "good guy".

Vince McMahon paying himself to wrestle Shawn Michaels. I'm so sick of the McMahons pushing themselves on tv. I'm not sure how much of a show stealer the show stopper can have with Vinnie Mac.

Only two matches I have a little bit of interest in. I think the Triple Threat Match should be good and chances seem pretty good that Rey Misterio will win the World title.

Money in the Bank should be interesting if RVD gets his supposed push for the ECW PPV in June.

The main thing that could keep me from ordering the show is that when the official release comes out in May the show will probably be cheaper than ordering it on PPV.

I may get the urge the day of the show to order it live, but usually I don't have to think about it this hard to order WWE's biggest show of the year.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
  03-19-2006, 09:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
My thoughts are that TNA is still producing a 100 times better product than anything the WWE has come up with in the past few years
  03-19-2006, 09:52 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
yeah been watching TNA more and more Sting and scott stiener are there now

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  03-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I don't blame you will. WWE just re -hashing old scripts from 7 + yrs ago. Instead of Shaun it was stone cold. Before Stone cold it was different story line all together lmao!

That's what I liked about ECW. You got 3 hrs of wrestling 19.99 with their pay per views.
The matches were always good too.

Watch Combat zone wrestling, XPW, and Ohio valley wrestling ( COrnette's Federation).
There's an all womens wrestling called Exotic Womens Wrestling. They wrestle hardcore lol .
It's pretty good. My husband likes the eye candy ( rolls eyes) LOL.

NWA is definitely starting to take off . I d love to see The Dog Faced Gremlin Rick again
  03-19-2006, 02:02 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
i like UFC.. i prefer WWE over TNA right now tho.. but i do watch both.. only because the drama and its funny
  03-19-2006, 02:21 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
You see thats the part I do not like. The stories are just so incredibly bad that its almost painful to watch. The wrestling itself is fine, but still not as good as TNA. Though I still miss the days of when WWE was at its peak during the "monday night" wars with WCW.

TNA to some degree reminds me of what ECW would have eventually became if it was still around
  03-20-2006, 08:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I wish WWE would go back to the wrestling and the development of personalities more like they did in the late 90s. I do agree that match quality-wise TNA is superior, but character-wise I don't care as much for the personalities as I do for the WWE guys. I love AJ Styles but I've yet to see him excell as a personality. I am getting into Samoa Joe though.

I never thought ECW was beyond a niche audience. There was definetly points that made it great, but I never took them as serious competition for WWF and WCW at the time. TNA is kind of manipulated like ECW was in the ECW arena. They have their hardcore fans in their small arena in Orlando. They never run shows beyond there.

Funny thing about OVW, Paul E. actually run the shows now after Jim Cornette got fired for slapping Boogey Man in the ring because he broke character and started laughing when he was suppose to be serious.

I think Scott Steiner will add nothing to TNA as a few years ago he could barely move when he was in WWE. That being said, I was a huge mark for the Scott Steiner of old who used to invente a bunch of moves and could actually execute a Frankensteiner. At least they finally got rid of Jeff Jarrett as World champ.
  03-21-2006, 10:49 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
N.W.O For life

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  03-21-2006, 01:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Well if you dont want to waste $50 omn it get a copy from me. we are ordering it.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/