06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Its starting now, when its over post what you thought. Is it a sign of good things to come or was it a train wreck.
  06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I m ordering the pay per view sunday too
  06-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Verified Member

Well lets see so far my running commentary will be:

Lawler is a waste of a commentor, the dual commentating is interesting and you can just see how incredible Jim Ross and Joey Styles would be IF allowed to work together properly, it would be like the Gordon Solie era all over again!

RVD vs Mysterio- Longest probably either has worked in years , weak ending and too many commercial breaks (they went to commercial about 3 mins in)

Angle interview was just horrible, he tried to be hardcore but he might as well said "You are a doody head" because it was not working with Orton

I think kids in my friends daycare could write better rips on ECW, I mean jesus do ALL the WWE people use the same lines when trashing ECW?? I could place Carlito or any other WWE star and they would say the same exact lines.

Womens match- I know Dan likes the women but what the hell! This has nothing to do with ECW, women barely "wrestled" in ECW, they always intereferred and had catfights. I guess since Jazz is ECW it counts but still ugggg I am just waiting for Lawler to utter "Boobies".

Ha ha wow that was a typical WWE match, lasted under 5min...way to work ladys.

The Battle Royale consists of....Tatanka, Big Slow, Sexual Chocolate ha ha ha ha wow WWE has talent man, that roster is DEEP lol

And again match on for about 4 mins and fade to commercial...HELLLLLLLO USA this is wrestling you think they could develop better timing

You know it fascinates me how Edge can be on the outside of the ring and nobody says anything, you know I think I recall certain 80's wrestlers doing the same thing in the 90's during the Royal Rumble ha ha ha.....you gotta love wrestlings non-rules

WHAT THE BIG SLOW in ECW......well I guess he never got respected in WWE so it could be a good change

Tommy Dreamer vs Edge, this match was pretty good. If it was a PPV Lita would have probably got her *** beat hard. The dive Edge took off the top rope was just sick, suprised he did not break his neck for real.

Mick Foley interview-Instant Classic, that man is one of the greatest interviews in the business past and present

Sabu vs Cena- finally a good match till the end where it became typical WWE (goddang disqualifications) though in any real ring Sabu would have made Cena squel like a pig

FINAL VERDICT: LEAVE WWE COMPLETELY OUT OF ECW, WWE is too hookey and the wrestlers dont know how to work anymore than 5 mins
  06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Gramma of CPS

LOL Orton and Angle are horrible on the mike. They should be seen and not heard lol.

They are better off doing the Ren & Stimpy " I wanna shout the funny words REN" routine.

Worked for FLair for years lol

When did angle developed a lisp? lol He's not Dusty Rhoads.

Vince should let Paul run ECW Seperately as a silent Partner. Then Get WCW back on the map.

Run all 3 at the sametime but seperate companies. Do away with WwE vs ECW .

It's a bad idea. ECW fans are different from WWE fans. ECW fans expect 3 hrs pay per views , and carnage lol

WWE Fans are easily entertained. At least the new generation is. The old school fans are just shrug in disgust.

Do we really need to see Vince's *** on a regular basis? Hell no. That's not entertaining or wrestling. It's just stupid..Vince showing how tight he can clinch his buttocks lol

I ll post more when this is over.. dang I m bored with this story already lol

Then again I have ADD :P

06-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
i like all the drama lol
  06-07-2006, 02:01 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
hahahaha...Big Show is going to ECW
  06-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Gramma of CPS

Big Show went to ECW in Fear of KAHLI lmao! He dont no part of that lol.
But wait, go to ECW where he'll get the crap beat out of him for a loooooooooooooong time. That's the ticket lol Ooooooooooooor stay have many many nightmares of VInce *** in head lol

Or Face the Mammoth that is Kahli lol Hmm.....????? No wrestling skills but looks good. Can you say ANdre wanna be :P

See if I were writing for Vince. I would have to subtitle him like Don vito lol

Keep it as a running joke. Every word he utters subtitle with something opposite from what he actually says lol... I guess I m warped that way :P

I ll have go back and finish watching the matches. Cris Angel came on during the boring bits of WWE. So Thank GOD for DVR & VCRS lol

Sabu is such an under rated wrestler . I see him as the next generation Snooka with a touch of insanity lol .

Foley is just hilarious. Heel or good guy. You can't help but like the Dood duh do :P

LOL@Onlymemo ...

We need to invent a new wrestler . One Huge, fast, mysterious , and Someone who has a line of BS a mile long....

LOL ...

06-07-2006, 03:05 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I was very entertained and it does show some promise that ECW might pull through ok.

To be honest though, I still think the best highlights of the night were the constant bickering between all 4 commentators.
  06-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Verified Member

Like several fellow fan told me minutes after it finished "it was just OK but the best free wrestling show in a LONG time ha ha"

if ECW can dump the WWE influenced parts (the restricted interviews and forced situations) it will do just fine, part of the problem was it was on USA which means they could do nothing edgy and since it still involved WWE people you know they could not do anything to hurt the WWE brand. The ECW show on Sci Fi should be good as well since Sci Fi does not demand the same type of advertising that say USA or Spike does so it wont interfere as bad

The PPV should be much better but as a wrestling fan I was unimpressed given the matches I know some of those performers can do. Its a shame that non-ECW fans cant see the real type of wrestling that went on even at ECW house shows
  06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Gramma of CPS

The Taz and lawler was fun. I got a kick out of joey OH MY GOD ! Styles knocking Jr hat off his head. Taz is getting a tad chubby . He needs a diet lol I always like The KING. He cracks me up.

Thought he dont quite have heenan's knack for nightly one liners classics.
Even as you sat cursing him out. You couldn't help laugh at his commentating and promos.

Foley well.. Mick is mick BANG ! BANG !

sabu vs Mysterio? bad bad set up. Sabu hardcore fearless nut. Ray ray wiry and clever 619 916 :P

He is doomed against Sabu. I think they are literally trying to Kill ray lol

LAst match slaughtered by Kahli & mark henry. Now against a man who love to hurt himself as much as foley lol

Matches pfft. Not as exciting as it was hyped up to be. Hopefully this pay per view will be as good. If not , better than last years.

06-08-2006, 07:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Well since they generally put a lot less thought in their PPVs this one should do better than most of the nondescript WWE ppvs for the year. I would put this show on the level of a very good Clash of the Champions.

I would love to see Lawler wrestle with a bit more frequency in the WWE. I've been waiting forever for him to either wrestle at Mania or win some kind of belt. His commentating probably could use a break just to freshen him up. Remember the demand for him when he wasn't on Raw?

I was a little surprised that RVD pinned the World Champion Rey Misterio. What was the point? Traditionally if the champ loses before a big show it means he retains the title on the show. If RVD beats Cena at ONS Rey kinda comes off looking like a second rate champion losing to RVD.
I guess it works out okay if RVD loses to Cena then he'll be the obvious challenger to Rey if he retains. I hope that doesn't happen as I want Cena to lose the belt.

I hate all the WWE defectors to ECW. This reminds me way too much of the WCW/ECW Alliance angle that kinda tanked in 2001 without the bigger stars from WCW who were still collecting their multi-million dollar contracts before they would go to WWE.

I like Micki James so I wasn't bothered by her involvement in the show. Like the See No Evil stuff had anything to do with the PPV.

I enjoyed the Mick Foley sitdown promo. Although some of the fans in the arena seemed to be bored and disinterested with it. It shows that they are not used to a good thing when they see it. Obviously Foley took some real blows from Funk to get his point across.

I was shocked by how good the Cena/Sabu match was. That looks like a total style clash on paper, but it came off really well.

I was disappointed that we are not getting the Benoit vs Malenko match that was rumored for months.

I think the PPV should do well, probably not as well as last year. Last year's show was a nostalgia novelty. Let's see if it can last beyond the 12 week contracted run and last longer than the XFL did.
  06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Gramma of CPS

Exactly lol XFL I completely forgot about that lol