06-12-2006, 09:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
The show was without a doubt one of the best pro-wrestling PPVs I've seen in quite sometime. The crowd in the arena was hot! It was also great to see Terry Funk show us once again, why he truly is the "Hardcore Legend". RVD got a HUGE pop and an equally well deserved tile victory last night...Cena, well, "gawd" I hate that character, I'm glad to see he got beat last night...
  06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
The Crowd's chant was worth the entire pay per view lol I loved it when Cena Got Tp , Booed, numerous other chants " SAME OLD SH.T SAME OLD SH T ." can not relay here lol

As an ECW Event. It had WWE all over it. On any other ECW match. Sabu would have continued .

Sabu wrestled with far worse injury than last night.
Poor Terry lol You can blow the man up. He keeps coming back for me.
One of the best pin of the night. Edge over Bula lol :P

It was so watered down. Compared to old ECW . Oh well , NEW ECW is better than none at all I guess :P

Dan , WTF is with your signature ???? Sheese... That's so depressing. ..? You need a hug?

06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
The crowd may have been good but come on Dan the action was subpar for an ECW show. The Sandman thing was just retarded, we are talking FORMER World Champion calibur character. For a WWE PPV it was the best in years, for an ECW PPV it was just okay, it was NO One Night Stand 2005 and it was definitly not on par with any old ECW PPV

I guess we are looking at it as the glass is half full but I will be happy when ECW loses the WWE ties (hopefully!!) because WWE blows and while the crowd remembers what is going on and what has been we need to pray Vince leaves Paul E alone or it will suck just as much as that ECW vs WWE special did
  06-12-2006, 11:48 AM

Verified Member

True, it wasn't "vintage" ECW, and yes it did have WWE production value all over it, but lets face it, the ECW as we once knew it is never ever coming back. I'll take this "NEW" ECW over no ECW anytime. Remember Heyman is running the show (though Vince has veto power), so we'll see as good an ECW as will be allowed. Regrdless, all I have to say after last night is, R.I.P TNA (2001-2006) ECW is going to run you the hell over! EC-DUB...EC-DUB...EC-DUB...

As for my signature, is it depressing??...to some maybe, but I'd never read a quote that so beautifully stated one mans truth.
  06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
You should tell your family while you are alive. What they mean. Not have some one relay the message After your demise :P . Again my view is different from other writers ( wink)
  06-12-2006, 11:59 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cp32

You should tell your family while you are alive. What they mean. Not have some one relay the message After your demise :P . Again my view is different from other writers ( wink)
I always do tell them, I just don't think you can ever say it enough, and if those were my last words, well, I sure would hope someone passes the message to them. AND NO, the quote doesn't depress me.
  06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Ha ha ha Dan we get to see your boyfriend John Cena tomorrow on the ECW show...should be great Maybe he will get his *** kicked again and we can all rejoice

Hey if he can go hardcore I am all there, he delivered a very good match against RVD (who knew)

Let the fireworks and the donkey show begin, the new era of ECW is going to dawn lol

I understand that ECW will never return in its full glory (though there is NO real reason why outside Vince ego) but still if being better then WWE and TNA is all thats expected it should fold now, its like watching an aging sports guy attempt to come back and fail miserably. Would you rather have him in the game or should he have stopped at his peak when he retired?

I await tomorrow night and the first 4-5 weeks before passing judgement, if its REAL ECW then the crowd will be hot, if its a crappy dick and fart joke WWE crowd it will bomb