06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
So far I am really liking what I am seeing, did not like seeing RVD and Paul E get punked but it was not corny so I was pleased

The Zombie thing had me rolling, you knew that Sandman beating the hell out of him was a metaphor for killing the retarded WWE gimmicks and cheesy stories
  06-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
It was Horrible lol That was not ECW last night. That was nothing more than another version of ROoooooooooooooooooooooooar Roooooooooooooooooooooarrr lol Raw lol

IF it continues as it is. I look for ECW to over fast. I m so pissed.
It sickens me to see Ecw at WWE level ,
  06-14-2006, 02:43 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
It WAS better than Smackdown!, but it was NOT the ECW of days gone by, that's for sure. The problem with last night's show is that it was taped following a WWE Smackdown show, which is why the crowd was dead, and at times could clearly be heard booing the ECW guys. In order for ECW to survive and thrive the following must happen:

1. Paul Heyman needs to be alllowed to use the "old" ECW graphics, not the WWE's version of ECW graphics. The "rough" look of the old ECW graphics is part of what made ECW feel like ECW. And C'mon WWE, pay the royalties so that ECW can use any and all of the old music that the ECW used to have access to...Again, if Vince allowes it, I think he'll see that results will justify the (somewhat large) investment.

2. Vince McMahon needs to let Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer run every aspect of T.V. and house shows. If Vince allowes this, we'll quickly see the ECW overshadow TNA, Smackdown!, and dare I say...even RAW!

3. As much as I love TAZ (as a Wrestler), he needs to be off T.V. as a commentator, he's just really boring, making him bad. Joey Styles needs no partner, he was doing the ECW broadcasts by himself in the past, and he was doing it quite fine. As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

4. If ECW is to survive, it needs to be moved out of the same building where Smackdown is taped, Paul Heyman and Vince would be better served to tape and run shows in the same smaller venues that gave ECW that up close, intimate feel that it used to have with its fans. If at all possible, the WWE should buy or sub-lease the ECW arena, that would really help ECW in its rebirth. Otherwise, Smackdown's! dead crowds will undoubtedly burry ECW, sooner rather than later.
  06-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Verified Member

There is only 1 thing I liked about last nights show after watching it

1.The Chairshot Sabu have Big Slow at the end

Dan you are exactly right and trust me Vince has the money, the WWE just reported that they will AGAIN beat their expectations and earn even more than anticipated, its time for him to stop being a greedy bastard and re-invest the money he has made off the backs of 2 companies he bought.

The show HAS to be moved to another venue, I told CP last night you HAVE GOT TO HEAR THE CROWD. When RVD was in the ring at the beginning the RVD and ECW chants should have been deafening not sounding like we were at a taping of WCW Nitro! I knew it was going to be a trainwreck when I saw how big the arena was, you can see the difference between the One Night Stand footage and the ECW Premiere. And for those that never saw a ECW TV show the crowds were ALWAYS that loud, it did not matter if it was PPV or TV or House Show not being aired.

I thought this was funny too:

PROBLEMS BACKSTAGE AT ECW TAPING, TALENT SENT HOME BEFORE THE SHOW, WHO
BOOKED THE SHOW AND WHY
by Dave Scherer @ 10:19:00 AM on 6/14/2006

Last night's show was written by Paul Heyman and then put through the
tweaking process by WWE creative. For those of you who thought Heyman would
have some kind of creative control of the brand, you found out otherwise
last night. This is a Vince McMahon production and we saw that last night.
Reports backstage were that Heyman wrote the show to meet McMahon's
expectations and visions of ECW.

Speaking of Heyman, people who saw him backstage told me it was pretty clear
that he thought the show was a train wreck. In fact, everyone I talked to
in the company felt the same way. They all knew that the show was a
complete disaster and a failure.

The reason Tazz's PPV "match" with Jerry Lawler was put on the show is
because the show actually ran short and they had to fill time. They also
missed a few cues in the battle royal, forcing the production team to fix
the mistakes in the 90 minute window that they had after the taping ended to
before it aired.

Ring Announcer Steven DeAngelis was brought in to work the show but was told
in the afternoon that he was not going to be used and sent home, despite the
fact that WWE had told DeAngelis to come to the show and that he would be
used. WWE chose to use Justin Roberts instead. I would ask why, but there
wouldn't be a good answer so why bother? I think it was a really low move
by WWE to DeAngelis. Then again, at least he wasn't a part of the train
wreck.
  06-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Verified Member

Ha ha more fun stuff, 1wrestling.com has received more feedback (all negative) about the ECW on Sci Fi premiere then any other show in wrestling history since they have been a site (going back more than 10 years)

All wrestling analysts like Bob Ryder from PWInsider have written negative reviews and I mean BRUTAL not just it was OK but could be better, so many people wrote hate mail to 1wrestling.com about the show that it took 5 different posts to get it all in and there was still more coming this afternoon.

Vince accomplished one thing last and that was upsetting I think every ECW fan, for those who were only WCW and WWE fans you wont notice anything different, for diehard ECW fans you will know what was done wrong seems to be the jist.
  06-14-2006, 06:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Way too much WWE involvement. It still takes some getting used to the upped production of the shows. Personality profiles would have been nice. Some direction of where the company is headed would be nice. Of all the music not to be used Enter the Sandman is pretty much 90% of Sandman's Gimmick. Maybe Metallica didn't want to give WWE permission. I thought the ECW World title needs a facelift. Was I the only one hoping that anybody except Big Show win the battle royal?

On a brighter note remember the XFL? It started very well and got progressively worse. Hopefully the new ECW will reverse that trend. IMO it needs it's own identity to separate it from the other brands. Actually I'm still not sure what the big difference between Smackdown and Raw is? I guess the obvious answer is cruiserweights and women, but the cruisers are rarely used right and there's women on both brands.
  06-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Verified Member

ECW should have showcased Tag Teams as well, they were one of the last feds who took tag teams seriously with the Elimators, Pit bulls, Ganstas, Somoans, Dudleys, Balls/Axl, FBI

I was also very dissapointed to see Justin crushed by Angle, its a given that Angle is a better wrestler but Justin came so far winning the freakin ECW world title with the Impact Players and having one hell of a series of cane matches with legends like Shane Douglas and Chris Candido after finally getting out of the horrid Aldo Montaya super hero gimmick WWF had him in for many years and he gets not only squashed but molested by Angle to put Angle over in front a smackdown crowd who already like Angle?!?

And William you are 100% right, the Big Slow should in now way have won an Extreme Battle Royal, yes he is a big dude but if that were the guideline Andre would have never lost and Big Slow is NO Andre the Giant. Thats why I said that was the one thing that made me happy was Sabu smacking the hell out of him with a chair to eliminate him. But where was the barbed wire? Where was the blood? I think when I have diahrea its more extreme than that battle royal
  06-14-2006, 06:47 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WEW3

Maybe Metallica didn't want to give WWE permission.
I doubt it was that, $$$$ talks, and bull**** walks. All Vince has to do is show Metallica the jack and they'll (as would most anyone else) release it trust me....Wasn't it Metallica who did something with WCW a few years back after all? I could be wrong though...
  06-14-2006, 06:58 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu

ECW should have showcased Tag Teams as well, they were one of the last feds who took tag teams seriously with the Elimators, Pit bulls, Ganstas, Somoans, Dudleys, Balls/Axl, FBI

I was also very dissapointed to see Justin crushed by Angle, its a given that Angle is a better wrestler but Justin came so far winning the freakin ECW world title with the Impact Players and having one hell of a series of cane matches with legends like Shane Douglas and Chris Candido after finally getting out of the horrid Aldo Montaya super hero gimmick WWF had him in for many years and he gets not only squashed but molested by Angle to put Angle over in front a smackdown crowd who already like Angle?!?

And William you are 100% right, the Big Slow should in now way have won an Extreme Battle Royal, yes he is a big dude but if that were the guideline Andre would have never lost and Big Slow is NO Andre the Giant. Thats why I said that was the one thing that made me happy was Sabu smacking the hell out of him with a chair to eliminate him. But where was the barbed wire? Where was the blood? I think when I have diahrea its more extreme than that battle royal
I also can't believe how badly Justin Credible got squashed by Angle. It's not that I don't think Angle deserved to win, but Justin worked so hard to become a top player in the old ECW that it's not only a slap in the face to him and his hard work, but also (another) slap in the face to Paul Heyman's ECW, (1993-2001).
  06-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Verified Member

Dan you are not wrong, Metallica did Stings theme song and also provided music for WCW Mayhem

if poor *** original ECW can license Enter Sandman then Vince had no problems outside not wanting to
  06-14-2006, 07:29 AM

Verified Member

I think it was Megadeth(sp?)who was on Nitro when they were putting on all those stage acts that was supposed to give WCW crossover cred. I know that the old ECW put out a CD that had a newer version of Enter the Sandman so they had permission at one point. Wasn't Tazz and Tommy Dreamer using their old music?

Justin Credible being squashed didn't bother me as he's been squashed for the past 5 years. However I think it does nothing for ECW to brag about him being a former ECW champ at this point.

I hope some wrestling league in this country can put over tag-team wrestling again. Having two or three teams does not make a tag team division IMO.
  06-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Verified Member

Its only going to get worse, I told you guys that we were going to see Aliens and we almost did lol

"SCI FI NETWORK CHANGES CONTENT OF ECW SHOW, YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHY AND MORE ECW NEWS
by Mike Johnson @ 11:50:00 AM on 6/14/2006

As Dave Scherer noted earlier, Paul Heyman wrote last night's ECW script. I was told by several sources that Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon fought with Heyman on several elements of the show and won out.

The Sandman was originally booked to cane an alien last night, but The Sci Fi Network didn't want an alien getting beat up on their network, since, I guess, they thought it would cause an upheaval among their fan base. Perhaps only Stargate SG-1 can beat up the aliens? Anyway, SciFi stepped in and we got the Zombie instead."
  06-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
You didnt hear any talks of a Sabu VS Ray re match? Was it part of our imagination ???

Did it really happen? Or was ECWWE just a nightmare? You should have known. All the ecw wrestler's were going to be used for toilet paper. I think this is just another little dig from Vince to Paul. As if to say," Sucker ! you actually thought . I was going to leave ECW the way it was , HA! " .

That was no ECW . That was a live action Puppet show. Didnt you see the kiddies in the crowd??
Ruh?

I m still stewin over it . Maybe vince figured he would cash in on the high demand for EcW. Use the time slot for another spin off on RAW . Just hang an ECW LOGO there instead.

I didnt hear joey YELL not once? Joey styles vs Lawler ? WTH?

Taz is there for sentimental purposes only.

Much like your favortie action figure. A few looks beat up. You still keep it around to remind you of what once was
  06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Verified Member

Ha ha CP you sound like other people I have talked to today, the more we talk about it the madder we get ha ha ha ha ha

I will give it next week and then I am done, it does not take a genius to see how to fix it and we will know if they even care next week. If they dont I am not going to give that piece of crap show ratings
  06-14-2006, 07:54 AM

Verified Member

Hey I'm a glutton for punishment. No matter how much wrestling defies physics by both sucking and blowing at the same time I'll watch. That is until Time Warner Cable gets WWE 24/7. I grew up watching like 20-30 hours of wrestling a week during the peak 80s. I watch TNA all the time and really have no major interest in it. I just miss the variety. Even if this version of ECW is a car wreck I'll easily rubberneck for the next 11 weeks if it lasts that long.
  06-14-2006, 08:27 AM

Verified Member

Hey, maybe it's not too late for "Billionaire Ted" to get back into the "wrasslin'" business is it? Maybe he can offer Vince a couple billion, bring back the "Nacho Man" and the "Hukster", resurrect the P.E., get Gary Wolfe out of retirement, and maybe WCW can get back on even par with WWE? If this is the ECW we're gonna see, it's going to be a slow driving of the nails in the coffin of ECW...I'm sorry, I'm just disapointed with the premire last night, especially coming off of one of the better PPVs this year.
  06-14-2006, 08:47 AM

Verified Member

The clowns, the monks, the gargoyles, the plumbers, Katie Vick, HLA. I think WWE won't be stupid enough to ignore all the negative feedback from the very first show. My only reason for thinking this is that at the last stockholders meetings they were singing the praises of the new ECW. They would have more egg on their face than the XFL because they are suppose to know a little something about wrestling. Personally I didn't think the show was that bad, but I think the high expectations left a lot of people feeling flat.

06-14-2006, 09:26 AM

Verified Member

Well the ratings are in. According to wrestlingobserver.com the ECW premiere did a 2.8 which is considered a success. The post-ECW PPV Raw did a 4.3. We will see if this holds up in the future.
  06-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Verified Member

Yeah see all us stupids watched it and so the ratings are good
  06-14-2006, 11:36 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
The show was so bad it was almost embarrassing to watch. I do not want to say perhaps in time it will change, I highly doubt it. What we saw last night is what we can expect from this horrible bastardization of what ECW was.