Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

06-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
They made some corrections but 2 things need to happen and then it will be somewhat enjoyable

-Move it out of the big arenas, turning down the lights helped a lot to set a mood but without hearing the fans you dont get a vibe of excitement. I mean Sabu crashes through a table and you dont hear in mass ECW ECW?!?

-STOP THE BITS ALREADY!! The Stripper chick is just stupid and I agree with others how can we license the dang Snoop Dog song for the sorry *** BAD stripper but we cant pay for Enter Sandman or even a instrumental of Enter Sandman?!?!?! Jesus Vince loosen the f'n purse strings already. The Macho Libre thing "could" have been funny if they had gotten a talented wrestler like Nova or someone like Steven Richards to make fun of Macho Man, I dont mind them misusing the Sandman but for christs sake give him something to work with.

I will reserve final judgement for the week after Vengence, hopefully they will drop this interpromotional BS and take it to smaller venues.

I realize it will never be the old ECW and I am not asking it to be but for the love of god get some sense and make some EASY EASY EASY changes to the product, its not a hard thing to do.
  06-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
None of the ecw guys looks like they are happy. I m sure their checking account has increased.
Even when Sabu enters the ring. He just has that " I can't believe this garbage " expresion on his face. Can vince put Cena over anymore? Pfft... whoa the entire ECW clan afraid of one John Cena? It made me sick. This weeks Monday Night Raw was actually better than ECW last 2 weeks. Which I think that is what Vince is trying to do.

Think about it? Everyone was bitchin about how bad WwE has been. Ecw fans demand a return.

So vince in his greeeeeeeeeeeeedy little mind. Came up with a way to make WWE Look better. ECW barely tolerable.. Basically he swtiched the horrid crap from RAW /WCW Gave the crap storylines , and props to ECW.

Everything that didnt work for WWE/WCW. Is now part of ECW.
A bad flash back.. Remember the terrible return of The Ultimate Warrior on WCW.
Need I say more lmao!
A stripper who couldnt strip. That was .....uh...hilarious!

The Sandman has been reduced to nothing...Just someone to fill in a little time.

Tommy Dreamer used as a nobody? WTF?
BallzHony tapping out ? Huh?

06-21-2006, 01:29 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Hell, I miss Tazz!! Or at least I should say the old ECW Tazz who would knock the S**T out of anybody who even looked at him the wrong way. I have been watching my old eCW tapes rather than watch the watered-down crap that vince is calling ECW!!! Bring back NEW JACK!!! Now THAT was a real hardcore dude!!!
  06-21-2006, 02:21 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
That's kinda funny when we can complain that it doesn't look like ECW if it doesn't have that low rent look.

Where are they going with the stripper bit? She isn't going to get naked on Sci-fi or probably even on PPV. Everytime they do the exhibitionist thing it can only go so far.

Who knows, maybe Metallica is being a hardcase about the music rights this time. After the whole Napster thing they may have gotten money hungry after being an underground act for so long IMO.
Hulk Hogan couldn't get the rights to Eye of the Tiger for years, that's why he used the Hendrix song. Sandman's new music is bland. They need a real head bobber song with him that has a catchy beat.

I'm already tired of the pushing of Big Show and the other WWErs as ECW guys. Either bring back the oldies which may not be possible at this point or bring out some fresh acts. CM Punk, Brian Danielson, Teddy Hart? Come on there's a ton of indy and international wrestlers who haven't been overexposed at this point.

The main event felt like a WWE main event more than an ECW main event(Gee I wonder why?). It seems like they have Styles tied down with the commentary. If there isn't improvement I'll probably still watch. After a few more weeks of this there will probably be less complaints as the casual fans probably won't stick with it.

06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

William you mean the coming addition of TEST does not rock you as a great move lol, talk about 110% proof positive that Vince wants ECW to die

I agree with several wrestling analysts that the thing that made ECW as a group work was that it had people the other wrestling feds considered old, no good, or had no talent. While Big Slow fits that category the monster push he is getting just does not fit. He cant make it in WCW/WWE so he goes to ECW and squashes everyone?!? Whose stupid *** though that makes sense

I would like to see people I never heard of or have only heard of in the indies, and if they are going to bring in WWE stars then bring in ones they are misuing like Matt Hardy who is doing the untelevised dark matches. He at least has real heat with Edge and a reason to be in ECW!

I think if it moved to smaller venues it would be much better, it could look like RAW for all I care but the fans would be there. Point in case would be the time ECW invaded the Manhatten Center, that was a "RAW is WAR" show but yet the fans made it completely ECW whenever the stars hit the ring, it did not need the low budget look and feel of ECW because the fans were small enough in number to make it work.....its that easy to do

The Smackdown crowd just does not want to get it
  06-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Verified Member

I think I blocked out that old Testes was coming back. lol Wow you can talk smack about a company that fired you when you had a broken neck but when they bring you back and start to push you again all is forgiven.

Yeah Matt Hardy = Abused + Confused + Misused.
  06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Verified Member

ha ha Testes, if pushed correct TEST could do some good but I highly doubt it. Knowing Vince they wont give TEST any support and leave all the mic work up to him. I think him and Mike Knox might have made a good tag team, they have similar builds and if you attached a female to them to do the trash talking it could work great.

I wonder if they will even reveal there are more than 1 belt in ECW before the show runs its course ha ha ha ha. I mean here we are in Week 2 and we still have no:

-Tag Team Champs (do we even have a tag team in ECW?)
-TV Champ

I mean I know its a "new promotion" but still if you wanted to fill time couldnt you do it simply with a round robin tournament to crown new champs. It would be a great way to get new talent over and give the matches actual meaning.
  06-21-2006, 03:41 PM

Verified Member

Only time Test gets noticed is when he is with a female. Thanks a lot Mark now I'm getting flashbacks of the Steph & Test non-wedding with the recylced Macho Man and Liz music from their wrestling wedding. Man that was some horrible acting, especially the proposal. lol

Yeah I was wondering about the lack of titles too. You'd think they'd want to go back to marketing new title belts so super fans could buy the replicas.
  06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Gramma of CPS

I m going to be sick lol TEST? He was God Awful lmao! They pushed him simply because Kevin Nash was getting Huge at the Time . Who now nothing more A stumbling Baboon lol I watched him on TNA.
Kevin , Kevin .... Get some Boinic legs lol As old as terry funk is. He can't make an entrance. He knows how to leave the fans chanting For an Encore !

Testes Good one. Is that Testicles TWIN brothers ?
  06-22-2006, 05:08 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
ECW takes place in the smackdown arena with the smackdown crowd. Its a selling point and crowd booster for Vince. Eventually Vince is supposed to let ECW go on its own, but not until it gets fully established again. This means regular cross overs of the feds till the next royal rumble or so
  06-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Verified Member

Yeah that will be a winning combo, continue to put over the WWE established wrestlers lol

I just hope after Vengence we get more "wrestling", the storylines can go to hell since ECW was never really intent on storylines anyway when most of their shows were about the matches. Right there it would make it different then Raw and Smackdown, at least Smackdown tends to have matches while RAW is reserved for 90% stories/10% wrestling that lasts more then 4 1/2 mins
  06-23-2006, 04:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Well the 2nd ECW show was still a 100 times better than the first. Heres to hoping it continues this trend
  06-28-2006, 06:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Things are going from bad to worst case senario

This is from PWI's newest Hot News Hotline...

Dave Sherer reports that a meeting was held before last night's Smackdown/ECW taping with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, and Paul Heyman. The decision has been made to pretty much break away from all the old ECW characters, ideas, and style of booking. The new plan is to make the show a full fledged third C brand of the WWE.

Vince McMahon was really let down by the reaction of the crowd at the ECW Arena house show, last week's 15% ratings drop, and the so far low ticket sales for the Smackdown/ECW tapings especially for the July 4th taping at the Wachovia Center. Those things were said to be huge factors in this decision.

Paul Heyman now has even less control over the product while Tommy Dreamer has none. Heyman did script last night's show but alot of it was re-written by the WWE writers. Also for the first two weeks Heyman was in charge of running the shows backstage but that all changed last night as the show was ran pretty much like the usual for Raw and Smackdown.

Mike Johnson reports that a decision has made starting with last night's taping to only fly in the ECW wrestlers that are scripted to work on the show. Only for the house show events will the entire roster be flown in. In addition to that the WWE Tag Team champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick weren't even flown in for last night's tapings.

Also there is talk backstage that the old ECW referee's will most likley get the axe very soon.

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Verified Member

Yeah it shows, I mean RVD and Angle had a phemonoal match and ****ing Edge comes in and decimated RVD thus putting over WWE oriented talent AGAIN! I mean WE GET IT VINCE WE GET IT , WWE RULES!

It is a such a simple philosophy to work out but yet the ego of Vince is destroying yet another property.

I was watching Clash of the Champions 9 New York Knockout today on my old VCR and its amazing that nobody will just do what needs to be done, book small houses, let the talent shine and the fans will come. I mean that Clash of the Champions is 100x better than anything WWE has put out since WCW folded and ECW went bankrupt and it was not even a PPV.

I am just so tired of Vince and his way of thinking
  06-28-2006, 06:47 AM

Verified Member

I mean if ECW somehow keeps the original wrestlers they currently have, Dreamer, RVD, Sandman etc I will support McECW, BUT if they all get the boot and the Raw/Smackdown rosters get dwindled and put into ECW i will no longer watch. I have tickets for the July 11th ECW/Smackdown show here in MN, I hope it is better in person than on tv.

Whats the old saying though, you can never go home again

Brent

06-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Gramma of CPS

lAst night ecw was crap too... The edge routine .... enough already. We get it. He's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad dude lol I was so upset. I didnt bother with the rest of the show. Rvd Vs Cena, yawn..... We know .we wknow. Belts wont exchange till next pay per view.

Sadly, Edge will be the next ECW champion. It's as predictable as RAW.

What did they do to Sabu? Jobbin out all the ecw guys. Pushin the usual WWE crap.

I dont see ECW lasting at this rate.

06-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Verified Member

its funny you mentioned being predictable CP, on Raw when Cena was taking on RVD I told my wife "Where is the screwed DQ finish" and she said "What are you talking about"....no more than 2 mins after I said that Edge came in and ruined the match.

I just looked at her and said "I told you it was coming"

Vince needs to get hit by a truck or something because owning everything is just ruining wrestler and wasting the talent that is out there.

If TNA could get their head out of their *** and stop trying to be a mix of ECW/USWA/WCW they would have a golden opportunity but they are like the 2nd coming of Nitro in the pushing of undeserving talent and horrid storylines.
  06-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Verified Member

As long as the Jarretts are partial owners TNA will never amount to anything. The jarretts need to be bought out and the belt forever removed from Jeff.

06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

Yeah the Jarrets are the like McMahon Lite, same crappy style and poor booking but not as unlimited in the money dept.

Jeff Jarret is probably the poorest excuse for a champion ever, he always has been and always will be. The only time he ever got pops and fan support was imitating Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert or Ric Flair and using the blatently ripping off Honkey Tonk Mans guitar as a weapon style.

I also wish TNA would drop people like Nash and Steiner, they just bring the promotion down with their lack of talent.

TNA is just like the new ECW, a few changes here and there (NOT HARD EITHER) and you would have a superb promotion because wrestlers like AJ Styles are as good as it gets for the next generation and are second stringing it to losers like Jeff Jarret and Kevin Nash in the push dept.
  06-28-2006, 11:42 AM

Verified Member

The sick thing is if TNA doesnt catch on and quick I can see the Carters so easily selling it off to the McMahons in less then five years and that is so scarey to have Vince in control of all major promotions in the USA.

Granted once WWE 24/7 hits full force that will be sweet, now Medicom has it. In august Comcast

When is Vince retiring lol. I am kind of interested in seeing how Stephanie and HHH bury the WWE even further without him in charge.

Brent