07-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Not sure how long they have been showing this or if it is a one time thing, but the MSG channel is showing Old WWF events that took place at Madison Square Garden. Right now they have an old match with Macho man savage, and Monsoon mentioning how he never saw Savage in action before.---

The show (according to preview guide) goes by the name WWE at the Garden--
  07-26-2006, 10:24 AM

Verified Member

ok here is a direct link from MSG

http://www.msgnetwork.com/wweclassics.jsp
  07-26-2006, 10:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
They have been on for a few weeks. Its supposedly a weekly show. Too bad I dont get the channel

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  07-26-2006, 10:52 AM

Verified Member

well now that I know I can start recording them--. I have some events when they first aired from MSG like 1988-91 or something in that time line
  07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
If you can record those Robot I would be VERY appreciative

Its supposed to be a weekly show from what I read
  07-26-2006, 12:41 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
I get MSG been recording them directly off satillite there on every couple of weeks so far they have aired these dates

Jan 23,1989
Aug 30,1982
June 21,1985
Sept 22,1997

First week was:
The first episode:
January 23, 1989 Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) facing the Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard) who were led by legendary manager Bobby “the Brain” Heenan in a featured tag team match-up.

The debut show will also showcase Hercules as he takes on the “Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase with the main event of the evening showcasing wrestling icon Hulk Hogan as he steps into the ring against Big Boss Man.

The second episode:
August 30, 1982 card and is highlighted by WWE Champion Bob Backlund as he tangles with “Playboy” Buddy Rose. Additionally, Andre the Giant, Chief Jay Strongbow and Jules Strongbow take on Blackjack Mulligan, Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito in a 6-man tag-team two out of three falls match. Furthermore, Pedro Morales defends his WWE Intercontinental Championship against Snuka.

First hour
June 21, 1985.
It features Randy Savage’s MSG debut in a match against Rick McGraw. WWE Intercontinental Champion Greg Valentine takes on Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat with his manager, Jimmy Hart. In the main event, Hulk Hogan defends the WWE Championship against the Magnificent Muraco in a Steel Cage Match.

The second hour features the first ever Raw at MSG on September 22, 1997. Cactus Jack makes a surprise WWE debut against Hunter Hearst Helmsley in a Falls Count Anywhere Match. Stone Cold shocks everybody when he stuns Vince McMahon for the first time, kicking off one of WWE’s biggest rivalries in history.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif