Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

08-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
May be I've fallen behind the times, but my wife and I wanted to go see the So You Think You Can Dance 2006 Tour. It said on Fox that the tickets weren't available till 12:00- Noon August 12 P.S.T. I call at 11:58 A.M. and find out that they are sold out in Seattle and Portland by 12:08 PM.

What gives?? I actually wound up buying 2 seats in some fairly nice rows in Portland, OR for $225.00. How is this possible that all the tickets are sold in less than 10 minutes???
  08-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Did you have to go through ticketmaster? If so then its commonly known the employees hoard tickets for sale on ebay, they risk getting fired but can make sometimes 2-4x what they make a week with just a few good tickets to events like U2

Also some arenas/event places hold tickets for special promotion or to offer to their internal employees and they are GOOD seats. If they do not sell them all internally they will be put back up for sale under the "tickets added/extra available" promotion

Its a big racket, there was an article about this in one of the major papers the last few years discussing this.
  08-13-2006, 03:08 PM

Well the guy I bought them from has a 99.9% positive feedback on Ebay, and has been on there since 2002. Actually, if everything works out I really didn't get hosed too bad. I paid about $115.00 per ticket (regular price was $52.50) and they appear to be good seats. They are in the the seventh row (row G) of orchestra seating, which is next to the stage. I believe those seats are usually slightly above the stage on non-orchesra events.

My wife was a little upset with me for not getting them so I had to pull a rabbit out of my a--! WOMEN! Take that CP32!

I was a little curious because on Ebay there were pre-sale internet codes also available for purchase.
  08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Is it going to be on TV? Take a sign that says CPS Rocks! or I am here and CP's not lol
  08-14-2006, 02:23 AM

The show is on TV?? The Live Tour, I don't think so. I'm sure it might make the local news.