Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

08-25-2006, 08:25 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/3230064

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Well he has had issues as well as injuries. You think he is staying with WWE or jumping ship to TNA? I mean he was kinda being pushed down the ladder in WWE being overshadowed by RVD, Sabu and Big Show.
  08-25-2006, 09:06 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Well he was wrestling hurt for a long time. It's a good thing for him healthwise and I will definitetly look forward to seeing him when he returns.
  08-25-2006, 09:12 AM

Verified Member

Lets hope he doesnt go to TNA well right away anyways as he does need to recopue for a while. And according to the news bite it said "WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future." So i bet within a year Angle will be back with WWE just not in a wrestler posistion.

Brent

08-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Verified Member

Probably also wants a new contract that has stuff about being injured so the next time he gets hurt real bad he can be like Hogan and just not come back for a long time.

I would assume he is still working on the kind of contract he had when he was fully healthy and WWE World Champion, it was not until the last few years he has been hurt really bad to the point where he can barely return.
  08-25-2006, 09:39 AM

Verified Member

I would bet he'd be back before Wrestlemania since they're going to need a lot of stuff to sellout that show.
  08-25-2006, 09:44 AM

Verified Member

I think they gave him a release, but only a short term one, I bet you he is still under some sort of contract. But one that allows him to recoupe right now and return at his leasure.

Brent

08-25-2006, 09:48 AM

Verified Member

Yeah like the one that is supposedly keeping Brock Lesnar from TNA.
  08-25-2006, 10:11 AM

Verified Member

You never know lol.

08-25-2006, 10:18 AM

Verified Member

Remember during the wrestling wars when the wrestlers all had 90 day no compete contracts. I think it was later fought in court. That still brings back memories of Eric Bischoff firing Shawn Waltman through FedEx. Maybe he did deserve all those bad skits Vince put him through.
lol
  08-25-2006, 10:35 AM

Verified Member

I loved the Monday Night Wars. It was awesome not know who was going where. Too bad somethingl ike that cant happen these days

Brent

08-25-2006, 12:33 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
sounds more like an ECW thing... anyways, dunno.. don't care for kurt too well
  08-28-2006, 07:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 148 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Orko2k

Late last week, WWE made a shocking announcement on their website - Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle has been officially released from the company "due to personal issues". They wished Angle good luck and said they look forward to establishing a "new relationship" with the former WWE champion in the future - a sign that his in-ring career has come to an end.

Shortly after the statement was released, it was revealed by Kurt Angle himself that the reason for his release was that his body is in terrible condition and he has been struggling with a severe addiciton to pain medication. It's said that Kurt Angle's neck is in worse shape than Stone Cold Steve Austin's - and Austin refuses to take a single bump in fear that one wrong fall could leave him paralyzed.

WWE employees have been aware of Angle's condition for quite some time. His addiction is so bad that many backstage have said he is worse than Brian Pillman and Shawn Michaels ever were.

What remains very suspicious is why Angle was released from his contract - while other WWE stars with similar issues (such as Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and other), have been allowed to sit out the remainders of their contracts while collecting 7 figures.

Angle has made it very clear in that he will stop at nothing to be remembered as one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time - whether his body can take the abuse or not. Angle has suffered countless injuries in recent years and has often returned well ahead of schedule. His personal life and health have both taken a backseat to his drive for greatness.

For WWE to have finally drawn the line and gone as far as to fire Angle, its clear he's in very bad shape. With WWE's new Wellness and drug testing program, the company may have been forced to release Angle due to failing multiple tests. Whatever the case - we hope Kurt gets his life together.
  08-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Verified Member

Yeah I read that last night

I think he is in a similar boat to Shane Douglas who became addicted to pain medicine almost to the point where if he did not come clean he would have joined all his friends who passed away.

Whats ironic is that the Wellness program most people think is aimed at stopping steroids but ever since Eddie Guerrero died it is just showcasing how bad the pain killer epidemic in wrestling is.

Alot of people pass it off as not a problem but when those meds are combined with any other drugs and/or depression it can lead to bad things, I mean Kerry Von Erich is a prime example of someone who was at the top and then fell all the way to suicide.

The sorry side is that even though they are finding out about the addictions now it may have taken its toll on their bodies to the point where they will die even if clean...and that is just tragic to overcome something and then drop dead due to its effects.