10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I don't know how many of you are mixed martial arts fan, but UFC 64 was brutal. It blew me a away that Rich Franklin got beat in 3 minutes! His nose was definately broke! He didn't look healthy either, but he is a champion.

I bet you dollars to donuts that he gets his title back.
  10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Awesome. Sounds like fun.
  10-17-2006, 08:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Yeah I was shocked he got beat that handily.However I knew Anderson Silva was the real deal when he flogged Chris Leben as bad as he did.Don't know how long it'll be before Rich gets another crack.That nose looked terrible...Also the upcoming Pride card looks to be the best MMA event this year,on paper at least.
  10-17-2006, 10:06 AM

Franklin didn't look healthy. He had a black eye and just didn't look right to me.He said that he underestimated Silva and his muai ty neck grip. He actually thought that when Silva did that he would be in his sweet spot. A good Muay Ty fighter can keep a fighter off balance with that hold why setting him up for knee strikes. That is exactly what he did! I bet Franklin has some broken ribs too!

Every fight I've seen Chris Leben in, he has got his a-- beat!

If Franklin gets another chance, which I'm sure he will I would be willing to bet it will be a different fight. I don't know who could take Silva now?? Swick, the Crow, I don't see it!
  10-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Verified Member

Yeah I agree, Rich is still the biggest, and only real threat to Silva.Swick has been looking good, but I think he's still a ways away from fighting the divisions elite.UFC's stable of fighters is just overall very weak compared to Pride's stable.Only dominant champs UFC has are Liddell and Hughes in their respective weight classes.Rich seems like a decent guy, and he looked great up until this fight.Hope he comes back strong.
  10-17-2006, 11:53 PM

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
It was pretty dang good fights!! quite a bit of blood this time! good fighters,, TITO is good too punish him into retirment
  10-18-2006, 04:03 AM

I can't remember the fighter's name, but he fought Kenny Florian for the lightweight class ( great fight). I think his name is Shreik or something like that. He looks like a mini-Hughes and I think he will dominate that class.

I think Franklin had to diet pretty hard to get to 185lbs. I believe that may have been his problem. He may have gone down to quickly.

Luddell is going to send Tito and his girlfriend Jenna Jameson packing. Luddell beat him like a bad puppy in the last go around.
  10-18-2006, 04:42 AM

Verified Member

Yep I agree with marcus.Chuck Liddell will crush Tito Ortiz yet again,this december when they rematch.Tito ducked him for so long last time because they were at one point training partners, and chuck bludgeoned him on a regular basis.I just don't think Tito can get Chuck on the ground, and on their feet it's not even close.Chuck by whatever he wants.
  10-18-2006, 05:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
Wait a second.......

Tito Ortiz is dating Jenna Jameson?!

(.|.)

ooh laa laaa!
  10-18-2006, 06:10 AM

Verified Member

Yeah well Tito is a major B==D head.
Just my opinion lol....

10-18-2006, 09:12 AM

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
ur opinion sux weevil, ill beat u up over it. not really lol... tito isn't as bad as he use to be, he's grown up some I believe..

I think the chuck and tito fight will be pretty crazy, I like both fighters... tough

marcus: shawn the muscle shark sheirk is the guy that fought kenny.. kenny was a tough little guy, and shawn is pretty quick to be bulky... great fight it was
  10-18-2006, 09:18 AM

Verified Member

Yeah he has grown up a bit, but that's due to getting his arse handed to him a couple times,which humbled him a little.I don't really despise him or anything, just don't like him or his attitude, so I generally pull against him versus anyone else.It will be a fight regardless when they rematch.And yeah Sherk is a pretty tough guy, Florian gave him all he wanted in that fight though.Pride's next card is the one to watch, it's loaded top to bottom.
  10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i love the ufc. i was in serious shock how fast rich got beat up. he couldnt break that hold.